• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion casters are nerfed

not a question just a vote for support (read my previous post for details)

• Total voters

Arcan1x

Soulsand
For pvp, i might guess the balance is okay.
For pve though, casters are shit.
There isn't a single damage boost you can get from anything but your melee damage (diamond hoe, that's it). There's no weapon, enchantment, stat boost (intel for example), cooldown reduction or versus pve damage multiplicator that can help you. You can't get sharpness on a hoe which is your only melee wapon.
If it rains and you do fire damage, your dot will not work anymore.
Even super simple mobs require 6 to 10+ casts to kill and they all have minimum 5 or 7+ seconds CD while some melee classes outputs the same damage as a starter beguiler fireball on EACH hit. Others compete quite well with that.

I tried the game a long time ago, hoping casters wouldn't be left behind and not be utter shit for the pve side.
The results ? Whine. WHINE WHINE YOUR PVP DAMAGE IS FINE !
I'm not talking about pvp damage. PVE. I'm talking about PVE.

And also, oh gee wiz, LOOK AT PVE DAMAGE OF MELEE CLASSES ! They have INCREASED damage IN PVE !

So yeah, casters are gimped. IN PVE.
I mastered wizard and destroyed in pve. I'm not sure what your problem with it is.

Wifibee

TNT
I mastered wizard and destroyed in pve. I'm not sure what your problem with it is.
You .. "destroyed" in pve ? What ? What am i supposed to understand from that ?

Okay, maybe you need some basic math.
Assuming you won't risk going melee much (woo, diamond hoe for .. 25 damage or something), a level 30 wizard does
- ~63 dps (actually 10% or so less but let's dream)
- he has to use fireball, icebolt and bolt with a 100% uptime (which is technically not possible but heh, let's DREAAAM)
- for a cost of 39 mana per second

Average mob hp i've seen so far have about ~1200 on average (basic mob, i'm not talking about pig zombie with 1700-1800+)
So on best case scenario about your dps, it will take you ~20 seconds to kill a mob and you'll burn away ~800 mana.
This is a best case dps scenario and i'm exagerating a lot on how much dps you can do. I think, at best, you'll peak at 60.

Take ANY melee class. Give it a non enchanted diamond weapon (it costs lose change really)
Look at their melee damage, take into consideration that they can have enchantments, take into consideration they have stats increasing their damage, increased damage versus pve and i'ts even probable that they can do even more with the 1.9 swing time adjustment.
All melee classes (okay maybe not the paladin, not quite sure) does more dps than you with a left click.

There's no caster who "destroy" in pve unless he's already full T2 mastered (basically when xp doesn't matter anymore) and even so, has to burn all his stats points in his main damaging stat.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
You .. "destroyed" in pve ? What ? What am i supposed to understand from that ?

Okay, maybe you need some basic math.
Assuming you won't risk going melee much (woo, diamond hoe for .. 25 damage or something), a level 30 wizard does
- ~63 dps (actually 10% or so less but let's dream)
- he has to use fireball, icebolt and bolt with a 100% uptime (which is technically not possible but heh, let's DREAAAM)
- for a cost of 39 mana per second

Average mob hp i've seen so far have about ~1200 on average (basic mob, i'm not talking about pig zombie with 1700-1800+)
So on best case scenario about your dps, it will take you ~20 seconds to kill a mob and you'll burn away ~800 mana.
This is a best case dps scenario and i'm exagerating a lot on how much dps you can do. I think, at best, you'll peak at 60.

Take ANY melee class. Give it a non enchanted diamond weapon (it costs lose change really)
Look at their melee damage, take into consideration that they can have enchantments, take into consideration they have stats increasing their damage, increased damage versus pve and i'ts even probable that they can do even more with the 1.9 swing time adjustment.
All melee classes (okay maybe not the paladin, not quite sure) does more dps than you with a left click.

There's no caster who "destroy" in pve unless he's already full T2 mastered (basically when xp doesn't matter anymore) and even so, has to burn all his stats points in his main damaging stat.
The problem is you're probably spamming skills then and losing all your mana. As any caster, clump all the mobs together and use your aoe's exclusively. Kite around while they are on cooldown, while avoiding as much damage as possible.

Wifibee

TNT
The problem is you're probably spamming skills then and losing all your mana. As any caster, clump all the mobs together and use your aoe's exclusively. Kite around while they are on cooldown, while avoiding as much damage as possible.
When in my post did i ever mentioned mana consumption as an issue ? I didn't.
Maybe caps will help ?
CASTER PVE DPS IS SHITE, MATE.

Arcan1x

Soulsand
Also, somebody correct me if I'm wrong here, but I believe all caster spells scale with PVE as well.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Also, somebody correct me if I'm wrong here, but I believe all caster spells scale with PVE as well.
Not sure about Spell Damage, but Melee damage is ~3x as strong at max level, to mobs obvs.
Pretty sure spells do go up, but I couldn't find those numbers.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
When in my post did i ever mentioned mana consumption as an issue ? I didn't.
Maybe caps will help ?
CASTER PVE DPS IS SHITE, MATE.
Its shit if you run out of mana, mate, because you cant cast any more spells. Stop focusing on bursting down mobs and just listen to what I told you.

Wifibee

TNT
.. this level of stubborn is beyond anything i know. I HAVE ZERO MANA ISSUE AND ..
You know what ? Fine. Fuck it. Into the trash it goes.
Gave my coins & stuff to the first guys who came ig, never going to play this again.

Delete my account.

Casters have the off-hand items which give some sort of stat boost. Not sure if that's been added yet though.

I'm a caster and I'm pretty good with my PvE damage, personally. Sure, it could be a sped up a bit, but I'm solid.
I agree here I just can't deal enough damage in enough time for PVP for some reason

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
.. this level of stubborn is beyond anything i know. I HAVE ZERO MANA ISSUE AND ..
You know what ? Fine. Fuck it. Into the trash it goes.
Gave my coins & stuff to the first guys who came ig, never going to play this again.

Delete my account.
Singlehandedly the best forum rage quit I have ever seen...seriously, this is glorious.
I agree here I just can't deal enough damage in enough time for PVP for some reason

In all other topics casters are actually pretty damn good, you just need more practice.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
If you think leveling casters is hard, try leveling a heal with only single target skills with 0 AoE damage, and lower left click damage.

Casters dont thrive off left click damage, don't rely on it and use your mana more wisely, and if you don't have mana issues, then you aren't using skills enough.