• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion casters are nerfed

not a question just a vote for support (read my previous post for details)

• Total voters
all casters need an alternative balance to the lack of defense, such as a little more base speed or a slight immunity to arrows
maybe even to go as far as each sub class of caster can have an early level way to grant a type of defense that is a passive skill

over all lack of defense makes the class too squishy, (as my best friend puts it)

please do something to add a slight curve in at least one type of defense

ncbugboy

Legacy Supporter 4
all casters need an alternative balance to the lack of defense, such as a little more base speed or a slight immunity to arrows
maybe even to go as far as each sub class of caster can have an early level way to grant a type of defense that is a passive skill

over all lack of defense makes the class too squishy, (as my best friend puts it)

please do something to add a slight curve in at least one type of defense
Casters should be squishy. THEY'RE CASTERS.

ncbugboy

Legacy Supporter 4
i know, but all types of defense? thats a little much
I don't think you understand. Casters exchange damage for health. The only "Tanky" caster is necro. There is a reason they have low health with little defense. No class should have decent defense and do shit tons of damage. That's just plain ass stupid.

I don't think you understand. Casters exchange damage for health. The only "Tanky" caster is necro. There is a reason they have low health. No class should have decent defense and do shit tons of damage. That's just plain ass stupid.

I AM A NECRO, AND MY DAMAGE IS SHIT

Casters' skillset is designed to be a glass cannon. The only way they will get stronger defence is if you are fine with them losing that damage potential. Done, dusted. Boom.

Caster Strat: Rotation -> Run -> Repeat.

and whats a "glass cannon"? iv heard that before but no one told me

ncbugboy

Legacy Supporter 4
and whats a "glass cannon"? iv heard that before but no one told me
Glass cannon is a term used to define a fragile class, But the class does insane amounts of damage. A great example of this is wizard. Most casters in any game are glass cannons.

Arcan1x

Soulsand
What you should've done initially is ask advice on how to play necro, instead of saying that casters are gimped and need buffed.

Wifibee

TNT
For pvp, i might guess the balance is okay.
For pve though, casters are shit.
There isn't a single damage boost you can get from anything but your melee damage (diamond hoe, that's it). There's no weapon, enchantment, stat boost (intel for example), cooldown reduction or versus pve damage multiplicator that can help you. You can't get sharpness on a hoe which is your only melee wapon.
If it rains and you do fire damage, your dot will not work anymore.
Even super simple mobs require 6 to 10+ casts to kill and they all have minimum 5 or 7+ seconds CD while some melee classes outputs the same damage as a starter beguiler fireball on EACH hit. Others compete quite well with that.

I tried the game a long time ago, hoping casters wouldn't be left behind and not be utter shit for the pve side.
The results ? Whine. WHINE WHINE YOUR PVP DAMAGE IS FINE !
I'm not talking about pvp damage. PVE. I'm talking about PVE.

And also, oh gee wiz, LOOK AT PVE DAMAGE OF MELEE CLASSES ! They have INCREASED damage IN PVE !

So yeah, casters are gimped. IN PVE.

For pvp, i might guess the balance is okay.
For pve though, casters are shit.
There isn't a single damage boost you can get from anything but your melee damage (diamond hoe, that's it). There's no weapon, enchantment, stat boost (intel for example), cooldown reduction or versus pve damage multiplicator that can help you. You can't get sharpness on a hoe which is your only melee wapon.
If it rains and you do fire damage, your dot will not work anymore.
Even super simple mobs require 6 to 10+ casts to kill and they all have minimum 5 or 7+ seconds CD while some melee classes outputs the same damage as a starter beguiler fireball on EACH hit. Others compete quite well with that.

I tried the game a long time ago, hoping casters wouldn't be left behind and not be utter shit for the pve side.
The results ? Whine. WHINE WHINE YOUR PVP DAMAGE IS FINE !
I'm not talking about pvp damage. PVE. I'm talking about PVE.

And also, oh gee wiz, LOOK AT PVE DAMAGE OF MELEE CLASSES ! They have INCREASED damage IN PVE !

So yeah, casters are gimped. IN PVE.
Casters have the off-hand items which give some sort of stat boost. Not sure if that's been added yet though.

I'm a caster and I'm pretty good with my PvE damage, personally. Sure, it could be a sped up a bit, but I'm solid.