• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Caster nerf.

I'm suggesting that Casters get a cheap regent for all their skills. Something simple like a flower maybe. Or even beter, Maybe a semi expensive item that you just need for casting. Like an stone hoe for fireball. An iron hoe for root or icy aura or web. Maybe a diamond/gold hoe for bolt/flame shield/plague. It's just an idea because how it is right now is any caster with imp chat can go around killing someone and all they need is food. Even then they do massive damage to you. (wizard 71+fire ticks) not sure on other classes but they do massive damage without items. All other classes have to use items to kill people. (warriors need armor and weapon) (rangers need arrows) it really bugs me when i kill a caster spec and i get something like 10 melons. It seems pretty unfair that rangers for example have to spend 10c on arrows 20c about for armor a bow and food. Overall it's more of a balance for them as they lose nothing when they die.

KrunknMunky

Legacy Supporter 3
I think what he means is that it won't be used up, but you won't be able to use your skills without it. I think this is a great idea, and it has been suggested numerous times.

donnymeyer

Obsidian
I'm suggesting that Casters get a cheap regent for all their skills. Something simple like a flower maybe. Or even beter, Maybe a semi expensive item that you just need for casting. Like an stone hoe for fireball. An iron hoe for root or icy aura or web. Maybe a diamond/gold hoe for bolt/flame shield/plague. It's just an idea because how it is right now is any caster with imp chat can go around killing someone and all they need is food. Even then they do massive damage to you. (wizard 71+fire ticks) not sure on other classes but they do massive damage without items. All other classes have to use items to kill people. (warriors need armor and weapon) (rangers need arrows) it really bugs me when i kill a caster spec and i get something like 10 melons. It seems pretty unfair that rangers for example have to spend 10c on arrows 20c about for armor a bow and food. Overall it's more of a balance for them as they lose nothing when they die.
maybe not this, but maybe the skills should cost more mana. they can do 5 fireballs quickly. but weapons for skills? no. just a long recharge. (the main word in the last sentence is LONG) twss

Aetosion

Obsidian
The balance team is working on casters, it'll be chill. Kainzo has said reagents will never be needed for the base skills, but the higher level skills already have reagents, there was another thread that proposed hoe modifiers a week ago.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Always nerf the Casters. How about buff the Rogues? :| Not to mention that "massive damage" is kind of our thing, and all of our damage runs off mana.

I think that economics should factor into balancing a class, but as long as Fireball is our bread-and-butter there ought not to be reagents on it. Using hoes as damage modifiers seems to be something people are on board with and I am all for that.

I see where your coming from, but what do rogues have to nerf? Rangers have been nerfed constantly, ninjas kind of suck, thief barely works, bard is more of a support class. I also forgot 1 thing if you were a wiz and used replenish and megabolt followed by another fireball thats around 110 damage. True enough thats in a 1v1 fight. Anyway I like the damage modifiers thing you were suggesting.

Sweord

Glowstone
I see where your coming from, but what do rogues have to nerf? Rangers have been nerfed constantly, ninjas kind of suck, thief barely works, bard is more of a support class. I also forgot 1 thing if you were a wiz and used replenish and megabolt followed by another fireball thats around 110 damage. True enough thats in a 1v1 fight. Anyway I like the damage modifiers thing you were suggesting.
He suggested buffing rogues, not nerfing them.
Always nerf the Casters. How about buff the Rogues? :|

i honestly think that ninjas and thiefs need to be buffed but bard and ranger are balenced pretty well but back to caster...

Aetosion

Obsidian
Healers will get loving soon.

Rangers will probably get a nerf.

Casters are easy to kill, dodge fireballs->kick->stun/attack->attack. When I was a Rogue, I killed Casters all the time.

brancher

Obsidian
Someone that plays a class like ranger consistently can't really call for nerfs and buffs, rangers are amazing right now.

The fact of the matter is, is that with the way things are right now casters need to have nice damage at a low cost, there are more needed buffs and nerfs at the moment than casters. Hell; some classes are more comparable to unspecced at this point. It's going to take a careful and cautious eye when tweaking them solely because if you go to far with it they'll be useless. I agree, though, that fireballs shouldn't do max damage straight out of a graveyard BUT as a ranger you shouldn't have a problem dispatching them regardless, your a caster killer.

What i'm getting at here is quit whining.. rangers arent an expensive class to play. Just because you can't roll out of a graveyard doing max damage doesn't make you useless. They are honestly probably the absolute best class at the moment.

-From a guy that has played ranger since he started back.

Gunmoney321

ICE ICE ICE!
Someone that plays a class like ranger consistently can't really call for nerfs and buffs, rangers are amazing right now.

The fact of the matter is, is that with the way things are right now casters need to have nice damage at a low cost, there are more needed buffs and nerfs at the moment than casters. Hell; some classes are more comparable to unspecced at this point. It's going to take a careful and cautious eye when tweaking them solely because if you go to far with it they'll be useless. I agree, though, that fireballs shouldn't do max damage straight out of a graveyard BUT as a ranger you shouldn't have a problem dispatching them regardless, your a caster killer.

What i'm getting at here is quit whining.. rangers arent an expensive class to play. Just because you can't roll out of a graveyard doing max damage doesn't make you useless. They are honestly probably the absolute best class at the moment.

-From a guy that has played ranger since he started back.

Wait wait wait, isn't the matter of the thread Casters? Yes I know he mentioned Rangers, but that isn't what this is about

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Thread's about Casters, I only mentioned Rogues to make a point- As a rule, I would prefer that classes were improved rather than weakened.