• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Capture the Flag Arena

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
If they took out jump dragons would be 0 fun in the arena. Maybe they should make it so 1-2 dragons per team.

Joka10

Soulsand
If they took out jump dragons would be 0 fun in the arena. Maybe they should make it so 1-2 dragons per team.
Pretty wierd example, but are you familiar with Star Wars Battlefront II? It's a fun game, though a bit dated at this point. Anyway, depending on the alignment you choose, you have 4 base classes available (sniper guy, machine gun guy, rocket launcher guy, shotgun/health guy (all teams have these, just different names/graphics)) and 2 more that you have to get a certain amount of points in a battle to use. In two instances, one of those special classes is a guy with a jetpack. One of the jetpack guys just flies around not particularly quickly, but the other one essentially jumps across the battlefield (a bit like Dragoon). In the CTF mode, you can't use the jetpack once you have the flag. Basically, it's a lot easier for these classes to get to the flag, but not very easy for them to get away with it.

If it were made so that classes couldn't use mobility skills once they had the flag, it would probably work really well. They'd still be helpful, but only in the initial approach.

[Another thing the CTF mode in that game does that's fun: The flag drops wherever the person who had it dies, and it only resets after like 15 seconds of not being held. The team who it belongs to can't take it back to reset it; they just have to wait. During that waiting period, anyone from the other team can still pick the flag up again, though. This makes it a lot harder for a team to just camp their flag and let no one get it, because every tiny bit of distance gained helps.]

There are surely a ton of other games that do both of those things, but this is the only one that sticks in my mind right now.

Joka10

Soulsand
I don't even own it... I just play it at a friend's sometimes.

It's an awesome game, though, and if they made a third one (that didn't suck) for the current generation, I'd probably buy it.