• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Capture the Flag Arena

bedbreath

Glowstone
So simple enough, make a large capture the flag arena with obstacles and such to host two large parties. Should be highly addictive esspicially if titles/betting/rewards/honor pts are incorporated. While still a large project for the coding team a lot of the code is already available. Copy the mob arena coding to gear and party up, several bukkit server mods out there as well for capture the flag can be used, so the only work left is implementing it to fit into our server and customizing it to work with heroes plugin and an arena.
I feel like this would be a very highly addictive addition to the server, better than dueling as it calls for new strategy than that typically used.

What do you guys think? And if needed I'm around to help with coding , I have 3 years of college as a comp sci major.. So yea I know my java.

ThatAintFalco

Portal
Love the idea, although there should be some skill restrictions ( Jump, Quicken, One ) or a map that balances most/ all skills.

bedbreath

Glowstone
Yea was thinkin about that and yea just create a map that still makes the skills useful but hinders theyre ability to be op in the arena. Shouldn't be to hard

:O there was already a capture the flag arena? Was it well used?

Joka10

Soulsand
There is a plugin (UltimateArena, I think...) that provides a lot of different arena modes, one of which is CTF. You make an arena like you would an MA, and it just runs differently.

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
IMO movement skills and such like jump should be disabled for you once you have the flag.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
This would be very possible if we had the battlegear mod, or whatever you call it, since you can wear banners/flags

ThatAintFalco

Portal
Or you just can't capture the flag. In some ways, like in tf2 how you can't do that with the sticky jumper, or rocket jumper.

mawaty

TNT
What about the plugin that puts red/blue wool on your head for teams?
Btw, Like the idea.

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
This idea sounds really cool! It would be a cool addition to the server, it may take a little work but that doesn't matter as long as it pays off ( It will :) ) Also Jbird is right, if it is possible make certain moves disabled when you have the flag such as Jump, One, Quicken and so forth.

bedbreath

Glowstone
This idea sounds really cool! It would be a cool addition to the server, it may take a little work but that doesn't matter as long as it pays off ( It will :) ) Also Jbird is right, if it is possible make certain moves disabled when you have the flag such as Jump, One, Quicken and so forth.

I was thinkin that obstacles could just be place to hinder such skills but still allow them to be used

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
Nah, because think about if a dragoon manages to get the flag, if a whole hoard was after him he could jump right over them, it should be disabled when you have the flag, or even all speed boosts/jumps in general

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
it should be disabled when you have the flag, or even all speed boosts/jumps in general