• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Capital]Skyforge[33]-[KoE]

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7
[size=medium]Welcome to Skyforge, a member city of the Kingdom of Edolas. We are a city of floating islands connected by a spanning paths, towers and airships adrift amongst the clouds, all looming over a forest town nestled snugly in the valleys below. We are a good city, which means we give shelter to the weak and a shop with good prices for the poor to sell their stuff. We are highly democratic and will allow even the newest town member to state their opinions. Here are some pics of the most boring parts of SkyForge, if you wanna see the really cool stuff you have to come visit!

2011-04-10_233549.png

Entrance of SkyForge.

2011-03-12_150934.png

Some of SkyForge ground level.

2011-04-10_233159.png

SkyForge middle level in daylight.

2011-03-08_205857.png

Every great city has a functioning train station. Choose destination, place cart, hit button and you go!

2011-04-10_233951.png

View of the city from the harbour.

2011-03-10_223139.png

Part of lower skyforge from middle level.

2011-04-10_233217.png

SkyForge harbour.

2011-03-08_205937.png

Cactus farm. 96 cacti for fast cactus gain.

We are recruiting! Our city offers:

1) FREE, custom-made plots
2) We buy gold from citizens for a full 15c /bar, which is the highest price allowed on the server.
3) As a member city of KoE we have vast resources, personnel, and land area to work with. KoE members that are PK'd have a whole Kingdom to back them up!
4) Skyforge is strikingly beautiful. Come see for yourself!
5) We're newbie-friendly and will help you get on your feet.
6) We have some ambitious projects for experienced builders who want to be challenged and inspired.

Message or /mail any Town Council member to apply for membership.

Visit us at x:-1625 z:+490, or via the Herogate.

SKY chat channel: "/ch sf"

Skyforge Charter

Mayor: Steamed
Co-Mayor: Open
Skyforge Council: Capn_Danger, OrangeAngel, AfroDave, Diavolo1988, Fuckingsoup98

Banker: firebomb428

Citizens:
1) Fuckingsoup98
2) OrangeAngel
3) Fire3
4) Capn_Danger
5) Nater_Tater
6) worldofgoo
7) Pakistaniel
8) AfroDave
9) Diavolo1988
10) Texteo
11) Steamed
12) benjamin1160
13) bkwyrm
14) mine_samurai
15) Firebomb428
16) Andrewh69
17) Drastikos
18) jp0249107
19) leprikonlad
20) Jherriq
21) Spacetime
23) WoleverEntun
24) Wizegamer
25) firelord1789
26) Proudwolf
27) BoofDawgz
28) DNKOHSE
29) ChunkyM0nk3y
30) WowPatrick
31) grizzlegoo
32) JohannFarley
33) Crymtastic

In addition to these, we have many residents who just have houses in the city, but not are citizens here.

Building guidelines for Skyforge

These rules are to keep the growth and planning of the town manageable and keep the vision of the town intact.

1) Normal citizen plots are 10x10 floating islands. The councilmembers and I place out these plots with dirt, but unfortunately we are not able to make more than flat markings of the plot area for you. Therefore it is required that you do your bit and fill in with dirt under your plot to make it look like a floating island, that it has been ripped magically from the ground. (you can see some of the plots have this already, but not all since its only recently that this has been inforced as a rule)

2) Standard lot size is a 10x10 area, no more than 15 high. If your property impresses the Town Council we may give you additional room to build with for free!

3) Structures should be about 5-10 blocks from any other structure, unless otherwise granted.

4) Do not build a yard on your plot. The plot is (normally) 10x10 and then that includes a garden/yard. If you want that you have to make the house a bit smaller. However, special circumstances may allow expansions on plots, but then ask a council member before doing so.

5) Ask a Town council member before you build! Some areas are reserved for town use, such as leaving room for roads.

6) If you have a public project for the town you would like to build just ask one of us about your project idea! We want you to participate in making Skyforge awesome. (We have a project board on the ground level with planned and ongoing projects, take a look there if you wanna participate in something, though it may not be up to date, so just ask in the chat if the current projects look a bit old)

OUR MOST IMPORTANT RULE: If you have an interesting idea that requires breaking one of these rules or needs more space, PLEASE ask myself, Fuckingsoup98, or a Council member. If it's an interesting idea and will add to the town it will almost certainly be approved!

Don't build a plain, stone box . Build something more creative! You are encouraged to not use up your 10x10 lot space just for walls for your house. You also don't have to build a square house. Round towers, an open area, and some angles or corners can be interesting, or whatever else you can cook up. Lastly, Skyforge is often seen from below, so consider the bottom face of your plot too. Just make it awesome, whatever you do!

Ongoing Town Projects

Volunteer to work anything you like, or suggest your own project! If you wanna help or work on anything, just ask who might be working on it for details. Some of the projects might bring a pay, but expect that there is none.

1) Cleaning up plots for new citizens
2) Demolishing abandoned buildings around Skyforge
3) Recruiting
4) Update the newspaper more often
[/size]

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
RE: [Capital]Skyforge[26]

our town is friggin hawt.
are you mayor now?

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7
RE: [Capital]Skyforge[29]

I am the Duke for now Steamed! Talk to me in game soon if we can coordinate that :p

Skyforge is awesome and will always fly high!

IGN is eisbaerBorealis
Still haven't heard any confirmation as to whether or not the server is going to be wiped on the 31st. That's kind of important to how much time I spend helping out the city for the next week. As I posted in the other forum, I am less interested in making a name for myself and more interested in... I don't know how to describe it, being a drone in a hive? I would like to spend my time mining for materials for the entire city to use, or being assigned on difficult public constructions. I would dare say my specialty is underwater glass domes (I saw what was said about the next version of Skyforge if the server were wiped clean), or domes or spheres in general. Here's some of the stuff I've made in Single-Player:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.395142233357.169372.519983357
http://s802.photobucket.com/albums/yy306/eisbaer_borealis/
(let me know if either of those links don't work)
(I also built a 25x25x13 underwater glass dome; 6 squares below the surface; grass floor; server got wiped before I got a screenie. Oh, and a 2.3 km minecart track with powered track)

Also, (if the server isn't being restarted) is there an area that is better for mining than others? Somewhere where I wouldn't be messing with other cities? What are some of the more common add-ons? Can I [Private] my chests? Does /sethome work?

Looking forward to being a part of an awesome city!
-Eisbaer

P.S. I've got lousy internet and heavy lag... I work best at unholy hours and without people around me (waiting two minutes for me to respond via chat can be PRETTY annoying for others). Just a heads up.

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7

That looks awesome! I loved the movie Tangled(I'm a sucker for every Disney movie though :p)

Come check us out now to talk to some people and get settled in until judgement day (the 31st)

I can lock as many chests as you need locked and there is a spell system set in with /mark and /recall as your /sethome but with some redstone reagent cost.

We will always be near water so underwater Sea labs are always cools. As well as setting up Various floating spheres around New Skyforge for Aesthetics. The best place to mine is in the WarShard Map on our server where the ores are the freshest or you can try our mines under the town which have been mined to hell but still places to stick your pick into if you try. Hope to see you soon in-game Eisbaer!

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
RE: [Capital]Skyforge[30]

Dom, next time im on ill go around demolishing old houses if we still need to do that, it says we do in the "Ongoing Projects" section.

TrinityDown

Legacy Supporter 6

Chunkym0nk3y is a citizen of new Ostia and has not informed danda that he is leaving. He has been a citizen since we've had our city ring and a tad prior.

Just wanted to note this.

Also, not trying to do the mods/admins jobs but Afrodave is listed both here and in silverwyn.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4

TrinityDown said:
Also, not trying to do the mods/admins jobs but Afrodave is listed both here and in silverwyn.

Well, we're at 11 at this point, so AfroDave could swing either way, as it were, and we'd be safe. Tell him to join Fiore instead!

TrinityDown

Legacy Supporter 6

Domitius said:
Chunky showed up and is currently being a pretty active citizen. I'll ask him to notify Danda.

Remove him from the citizen list till then, since he isn't actually a citizen without leaving a previous town. Which he then needs to wait 3 days.

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3

Dom, Grizzlegoo should be on our citizen list. I have seen him on recently, i think it was recently at least :p.

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7
RE: [Capital]Skyforge[31]-[KoE]

None, but can all member log on in the next day to talk to me? I'll be on in about 8-10 hours from this post.

ForTehZZZ

Coal
Just thought of something. If the server were to reset, then I heard the Skyforge community would build a 'Seaforge'. That sounds... AWSOME! :p Good luck to you guys on that! :p Obviously you have many options for an underwater city:

- Glass Dome Based Town
- Hydro Power Station Based Town
- Massive Glass Dome Above With Water Ontop (Like Underdeep, I think...)

Ahh.. so many ideas. HOWEVER. It will be tough!!!

I found a good theme for an underwater based town:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7I9fI00baQ

Texteo

ICE ICE ICE!
*sigh* well I'm still having problems with 1.6 ... I know I mustnt update after it but I cant enter minecraft without updating :p
Any suggestions?