• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Capital] SkyForge [26] - KoE - Good

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6
[size=medium]Welcome to Skyforge, a member city of the Kingdom of Edolas. We are a city of floating islands connected by a spanning paths, towers and airships adrift amongst the clouds, all looming over a forest town nestled snugly in the valleys below. We are a good city, which means we give shelter to the weak and a shop with good prices for the poor to sell their stuff. We are highly democratic and will allow even the newest town member to state their opinions. Here are some pics of the most boring parts of SkyForge, if you wanna see the really cool stuff you have to come visit!

2011-04-10_233549.png

Entrance of SkyForge.

2011-03-12_150934.png

Some of SkyForge ground level.

2011-04-10_233159.png

SkyForge middle level in daylight.

2011-03-08_205857.png

Every great city has a functioning train station. Choose destination, place cart, hit button and you go!

2011-04-10_233951.png

View of the city from the harbour.

2011-03-10_223139.png

Part of lower skyforge from middle level.

2011-04-10_233217.png

SkyForge harbour.

2011-03-08_205937.png

Cactus farm. 96 cacti for fast cactus gain.

We are recruiting! Our city offers:

1) FREE, custom-made plots
2) We buy gold from citizens for a full 14c /bar, which is the highest price allowed on the server.
3) As a member city of KoE we have vast resources, personnel, and land area to work with. KoE members that are PK'd have a whole Kingdom to back them up!
4) Skyforge is strikingly beautiful. Come see for yourself!
5) We're newbie-friendly and will help you get on your feet.
6) We have some ambitious projects for experienced builders who want to be challenged and inspired.
7) We will be offering structured PVP combat in a specially made arena or battlefield, for those who wish to participate.

Message or /mail any Town Council member to apply for membership.

Visit us at x:-1625 z:+490, or via the Herogate.

SKY chat channel: "/ch sf"

Skyforge Charter

Mayor: Diavolo1988
Co-Mayor: Fuckingsoup98
Skyforge Council: Capn_Danger, OrangeAngel, Domitius, AfroDave

Banker: Domitius (Diavolo1988 also banking, all council acts like tellers)

Citizens:
1) Fuckingsoup98
2) OrangeAngel
3) Fire3
4) Capn_Danger
5) Nater_Tater
6) worldofgoo
7) Pakistaniel
8) AfroDave
9) Domitius
10) Texteo
11) Steamed
12) benjamin1160
13) bkwyrm
14) mine_samurai
15) Firebomb428
16) Andrewh69
17) Drastikos
18) jp0249107
19) leprikonlad
20) Jherriq
21) Spacetime
23) WoleverEntun
24) Wizegamer
25) firelord1789
26) Proudwolf

In addition to these, we have many residents who just have houses in the city, but not are citizens here.

Building guidelines for Skyforge

These rules are to keep the growth and planning of the town manageable and keep the vision of the town intact.

1) Normal citizen plots are 10x10 floating islands. The councilmembers and I place out these plots with dirt, but unfortunately we are not able to make more than flat markings of the plot area for you. Therefore it is required that you do your bit and fill in with dirt under your plot to make it look like a floating island, that it has been ripped magically from the ground. (you can see some of the plots have this already, but not all since its only recently that this has been inforced as a rule)

2) Standard lot size is a 10x10 area, no more than 15 high. If your property impresses the Town Council we may give you additional room to build with for free!

3) Structures should be about 5-10 blocks from any other structure, unless otherwise granted.

4) Do not build a yard on your plot. The plot is (normally) 10x10 and then that includes a garden/yard. If you want that you have to make the house a bit smaller. However, special circumstances may allow expansions on plots, but then ask a council member before doing so.

5) Ask a Town council member before you build! Some areas are reserved for town use, such as leaving room for roads.

6) If you have a public project for the town you would like to build just ask one of us about your project idea! We want you to participate in making Skyforge awesome. (We have a project board on the ground level with planned and ongoing projects, take a look there if you wanna participate in something, though it may not be up to date, so just ask in the chat if the current projects look a bit old)

OUR MOST IMPORTANT RULE: If you have an interesting idea that requires breaking one of these rules or needs more space, PLEASE ask myself, Fuckingsoup98, or a Council member. If it's an interesting idea and will add to the town it will almost certainly be approved!

Don't build a plain, stone box . Build something more creative! You are encouraged to not use up your 10x10 lot space just for walls for your house. You also don't have to build a square house. Round towers, an open area, and some angles or corners can be interesting, or whatever else you can cook up. Lastly, Skyforge is often seen from below, so consider the bottom face of your plot too. Just make it awesome, whatever you do!

Ongoing Town Projects

Volunteer to work anything you like, or suggest your own project! If you wanna help or work on anything, just ask who might be working on it for details. Some of the projects might bring a pay, but expect that there is none.

1) Making more roads at level at y=90
2) Adding in parkspace and other decorations to town.
3) SkyForge harbour under construction south of town.
4) Put something inside the town hall.
5) Hogwarts is under construction north east of town.
6) COMBAT ARENA PROJECT is underway! KoE arena on Talus field.
7) Digging of the expansion of the lake to make it more like the lake around hogwarts really is.
8) Expand the train network.
9) Hogwarts quidditch field
10) Mermaid city at the bottom of the lake.
11) Moving the KoE Pylons to fit our increased size since we became Capital.
12) Planting forests and generally terraforming to make wilder and more beautiful nature in and around SkyForge.
13) We would like people to do something with bottom of their lots, since the town is seen from below. One idea that Soup has suggested is using dirt/stone to make small natural islands that our homes rest on. Just be creative!
14) A skyForge roller coaster from high up to down low?
15) We need more citizens in the town. Aquiring new citizens for the town that stay active will gain you 50c as a recruitment bonus. You will recieve the money when the new citizen has built their house and has stayed active for a week. (Talk to me; Diavolo1988 or any of the councilmembers to get new citizens added and given permissions. After them joining tell them to go read this thread and preferably post here to say hello)
16) Demolition of the giant cobble tower NW of SkyForge has been started.
[/size]

DagothAgahnim

Legacy Supporter 5
RE: [City] SKyForge [36] (new town thread)

you need to update THIS post with the current citizens, position of the town, etc etc. THEN we can bump it over.

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6
RE: [City] SkyForge [39] (new town thread)

Thread updated. It should be ready for transfer to official townships part of the forum now. (closing/deleting the old town thread would also be appreciated when this is moved)

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6
RE: [City] SkyForge [39]

Hey all, have created this new town thread now. Updated with member list, ongoing projects and pics of the town. And we DO pay 12c per gold bar to citizens, let me know and I'll bank for you. We pay 11c to non citizens. Btw, dont let this new thread scare you. Keep on talking as if it was the old one.

AfroDave

Legacy Supporter 3

Yeah! New thread! Good news Im tearing down my hideous house! And going to replace it with a sphere made of most likely ice!

Fire3

Iron

Taking suggestions for the Newspaper building!
I'm not active enough to keep it updated and nobody wanted to take over.

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6

Fire3 said:
Taking suggestions for the Newspaper building!
I'm not active enough to keep it updated and nobody wanted to take over.

I think the newspaper building is a very good idea. However, I have some suggestions for what to do with the updating:

• Everyone can change/add news to the newspaper
  • News that have been in the paper for one week or more can be removed to replace it with new things.
  • We could have a jokes section on the second floor.
  • Council members have the ability to remove not so important news that has been in the paper less than a week if space is needed for more important news.
  • A section could be devoted to welcoming new citizens to the town, this would also be a nice way for council members who have added new citizens to let me know I should add the new citizens to the town charter.

What do you think? sounds good?

Also about the town thread: If someone has pictures they think I should add or other things you think should be mentioned in the thread, just let me know in a pm or in this thread and I'll add it.

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
RE: [City] SkyForge [39] - KoE city

wait, Diavolo are you mayor now? never realized, what happened to Capn Baron?

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6

Capn_Danger wanted more freedom to work on projects and stuff. He also had a fire in his apartment making him a bit less active for about a week or so according to him. He will be back as a member of the council once he's gotten it all sorted out with the fire and brushed all the soot out of his computer. :p

Capn_Danger

Legacy Supporter 5

Computer is soot-free now, I'll be back around town again. I was mayor for a long time, and felt it was time to hand the reins over to someone else.

Don't worry, you can't get rid of me that easy, I'll still be underfoot :D

I think your newspaper policies are all very good, I vote yes.

Jherriq

Iron

any ideas for where the Triforce Pyramid i am making should be in the town? i have plans drawn out, and will soon have the amount of supplies i need figured out. I should be able to do this myself quite quickly, other than gathering the supplies. what should it be used for, however?

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6

Jherriq said:
any ideas for where the Triforce Pyramid i am making should be in the town? i have plans drawn out, and will soon have the amount of supplies i need figured out. I should be able to do this myself quite quickly, other than gathering the supplies. what should it be used for, however?

How is the design for the triforce pyramid? I have built a pyramid in town not long ago, and then I was thinking about the triforce pyramid (having a triforce inside, like the one in zelda. Its right next to the mayor's estate. Perhaps that could be the triforce pyramid? Or are you just thinking of making a pyramid being just the triforce? (three pyramids at the bottom and one on top)

@Capn: then its decided!
These rules are now in effect:
  • Everyone can change/add news to the newspaper
  • News that have been in the paper for one week or more can be removed to replace it with new things.
  • We could have a jokes section on the second floor.
  • Council members have the ability to remove not so important news that has been in the paper less than a week if space is needed for more important news.
  • A section could be devoted to welcoming new citizens to the town, this would also be a nice way for council members who have added new citizens to let me know I should add the new citizens to the town charter.

Neo_Exdeath

Destroyer Of Worlds
Legacy Supporter 3

friendly citizen activity audit
Soupsminions98 - inactive
xionwalker - inactive
Diavolo1988 - needs to be removed from list since he is acting mayor
jim_jim - inactive
Steelwraith - inactive
Finchie93 - inactive
Edwindepolo - inactive
Sigilsword - inactive
coldmalice - inactive
martinjs - inactive
AVENGEDMW - inactive
idiotricky - inactive
brambekker - inactive
tudiya - inactive
Dieselmitts - inactive
Domitius - fix spelling
Smoke_TH - inactive
Killlerr1 - fix spelling
RocketMontage - inactive
Deech - inactive
Proudwolf - inactive
Trickeryzz - inactive

Capn_Danger

Legacy Supporter 5

Ouch!

I have seen Brambekker on recently, though he only seems to pop by irregularly. Other than him, I haven't seen any of the other names in a while.

Neo_Exdeath

Destroyer Of Worlds
Legacy Supporter 3

Brambekker was on 3/1/2011 so he is inactive.
and dont feel bad a lot of towns are hit hard by this.

Hey Diavolo sorry to bother you but just referring to the guy I recruited (azzazzaz) he has built a house and is active. I was wondering if you are satisfied with that and believe that I should receive a reward if instead I could get 4 double chests of mine locked only to be accessible by me (I don't know if this is possible but if it is that would be great). If you are okay with this please just message me back.
Thanks, firebomb428

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6

Neo_Exdeath said:
friendly citizen activity audit
Soupsminions98 - inactive
xionwalker - inactive
Diavolo1988 - needs to be removed from list since he is acting mayor
jim_jim - inactive
Steelwraith - inactive
Finchie93 - inactive
Edwindepolo - inactive
Sigilsword - inactive
coldmalice - inactive
martinjs - inactive
AVENGEDMW - inactive
idiotricky - inactive
brambekker - inactive
tudiya - inactive
Dieselmitts - inactive
Domitius - fix spelling
Smoke_TH - inactive
Killlerr1 - fix spelling
RocketMontage - inactive
Deech - inactive
Proudwolf - inactive
Trickeryzz - inactive

I think most of those people just use to play minecraft a bit rarer than the rest of us. I actually saw this guy Lord Death or something about a week ago and we had declared him MIA several months ago. He wondered where his house had gone. :p So I think there are many there who feels they havent left herocraft, they are just not that active. Ive seen SigilSword 2 days ago or so, he's the guy that made the giant compass NW of town right? Its 2 weeks that is the limit right? If they havent been on for 2 weeks without letting us know they'll be gone a long time, they're removed from the game? Its pretty hard keeping control over them all, Neo, how did you manage to know what people in town hasnt been on for 2 weeks or more? Many of these Im pretty sure that havent been on the latest 2 weeks, while other I really have no idea. Im only on about 4 hours per day and some of these people are in the category of playing 3 hours once per week, and then its pretty hard noticing them and also knowing they are there if they dont say anything. So, thats why I have been reluctant with kicking people out, since before I kicked someone out I wanted to be sure they are really inactive (or left herocraft).

Capn_Danger

Legacy Supporter 5

Steelwraith built the giant compass thing, Sigilsword built the cobble spaceship thing and the round tower outside Skyforge gates. I'm totally surprised you saw Lord Death, he joined town the day we founded Skyforge and I haven't seen him since.

Neo probably has access to logs telling who plays when. Maybe we should put these people on an inactive or less active roster? They won't be counted as full citizens, but they'll still be part of Skyforge if they want to play just on occasion. We could call them "residents" instead of citizens.

Heh, I still think we should make tombs for people who get banned, like Rainbowgasm and tbone2000.

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6

Then it was Steelwraith I saw a couple of days ago. Sounds like a good idea Capn. I'll make a list of residents with everyone marked as inactive on this list minus Steelwraith (or did I imagine saying hey to him, Neo? if you get this list from the logs and there are no traces of these people being in the server at all in a long time, I guess I couldnt have seen Steelwraith :icon_razz:)

We will not remove the houses of these "residents" unless they are very boring (cobble block ish) or not very good looking and we need the space for other important projects.
in more understandable terms:
Code:
if (resident house &&(very boring || (not good looking && we need the space)))
    {remove house(); }
else {let it stay();}

EDIT: Citizen list updated. @firebomb428: sorry, I forgot about that, you'll get your money, and I can come lwc your chests.