• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Can't create hidden switches

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Pretty much the title. Level 55 mason, says I have hidden-switch creation but I can't make em.

These 3 lines come up when I try:

You are not allowed to build hidden switches.
You created a hidden switch!
You do not have permission for that.

bluejack404

Jack of Lapis
Legacy Supporter 8
I'm a mason and I have two problems:

1. Everytime I place a sign I get an error that says, "You are not allowed to do that." But then... I'm allowed to do that.
2. Finally, as a Master Mason, I should be able to make hidden switches. Right now, it seems like I can't. The sign just pops back into my hand. Help?

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
Use to have the same problem when I was mason for the not allowed part. Might want to check it out.

Matterz

Wood
I am also a master mason and I also cannot use hidden switches. When I attempt it I get the following:

"You are not allowed to build hidden switches.
You created a hidden switch!
You Do Not Have Permission for That"

The sign pops off and the switch is definitely not created.

Kryptomaniac

Legacy Supporter 7
In terms of the generally placing signs...

The whole you are not allowed to do that. I believe its you dont have permission is everyone, whether mason or not. It has to do with donor colors or something like that.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I found this on our Wiki:

To make a hidden switch put [X] on the second line of a sign. Place a switch next to the sign (or on the block above/below it)
To activate the hidden switch click on the block on the side opposite the sign. This will toggle the switch you placed next to the sign.
(not 100% certain but it appears that only a mason can activate the hidden switch)

It seems it is possible and allowed on HC, so either it is a bug or you are doing it incorrectly according to how the Wiki explains it. =P

I call broken, other Masons have been having the same issue.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Will need to ensure that the proper permissions are granted. Let me check

After investigating - here are the perms for Default in relation to ALL Users:

Code:
  default:
    permissions:
    - bettermechanics.small_bridge.use
    - bettermechanics.bridge.use
    - bettermechanics.small_gate.use
    - bettermechanics.gate.use
    - bettermechanics.small_door.use
    - bettermechanics.door.use
    - bettermechanics.lift.use
    - bettermechanics.hidden_switch.use

Here's the permission-skills in Heroes:
Code:
 CreateHidden-Switch:
    usage: Hidden Switch Creation
    permissions:
    - bettermechanics.hidden_switch.create

The Mason skills:
Code:
 permission-skills:
    CreateHidden-Switch:
        level: 55

@DThielke @Sleaker - this is either failing because:
  1. Starburst perms is having an issue with the dash '-' in the perms
  2. Heroes is having a hissy because of the dash '-' in the perms
  3. Better Mechs isnt properly working
  4. Something else I'm just not sure about

Bump, It appears that Better Mechanics is broken on almost every single aspect. Gates, Switches, Bridges, Doors. This makes my Mason awesomeness sad. I think the only thing that does work fully is sBridge, Lift, and sDoor.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Bump, It appears that Better Mechanics is broken on almost every single aspect. Gates, Switches, Bridges, Doors. This makes my Mason awesomeness sad. I think the only thing that does work fully is sBridge, Lift, and sDoor.
Havent had any reports of anything in BetterMech broken. @Danda can you test on the test server please?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
ye I'll do that now

EDIT: I can make them but that don't change state
@Kainzo

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Gates ... doors .. bridges - can you make these? I havent dealt much with hidden switches to be honest - they may have never worked properly.
Gates, Bridges, door and lifts all work fine.

So after looking at the Github for BetterMechanics, I believe I found the issue with hidden switches. The guy never put them in, all it does is broadcast a message you created one.

For issues people have with extra parameters with width of doors/bridges and the [101] for gates. The plugin never checks 3rd or 4th lines for extra parameters. Also for gates with the iron and wood fence issue, whatever the config file has listed last for block types and it finds one somehow in it's range it will always use that.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
So after looking at the Github for BetterMechanics, I believe I found the issue with hidden switches. The guy never put them in, all it does is broadcast a message you created one.

For issues people have with extra parameters with width of doors/bridges and the [101] for gates. The plugin never checks 3rd or 4th lines for extra parameters. Also for gates with the iron and wood fence issue, whatever the config file has listed last for block types and it finds one somehow in it's range it will always use that.
Well, to be frank we have a private repo for BetterMechs, @Sleaker & @unknownloner have access to it.