• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Building Competition

Sigpit

Legacy Supporter 7
I guess this is the first Entry, But here are the coords of my build on the Creative Server
X Coords: 190
Y Coords: 26
Z Coords: 235

Nightroado

Obsidian
I pasted the old Dragon Roost in the spawn of the Creative server for you to look at so you can see what is required for the signs, and compare to the old style.

As for dimensions, as long as it it close it's okay. We don't want massive, towering structures for them.

You can enter multiple entries, but can only win one reward.

For lighting, players need to be able to see where they are going at night and be able to read the signs, that's it.
Thanks for the info!

I haven't looked at the old roost yet, but I don't think many dragons dwell in trees like a lot of the other entries imply. Hope it's okay I steer away from that without hurting my chances.

Are redstone contraptions allowed? The kind that repeatedly performs a task? I know Kainzo is wary of such things and don't wanna put it in if it isn't wanted.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Thanks for the info!

I haven't looked at the old roost yet, but I don't think many dragons dwell in trees like a lot of the other entries imply. Hope it's okay I steer away from that without hurting my chances.

Are redstone contraptions allowed? The kind that repeatedly performs a task? I know Kainzo is wary of such things and don't wanna put it in if it isn't wanted.
For now, avoid infinite redstone circuits.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Whoo! I am entry #2, here are the coordinates to my roost on the creative server,

1st Roost:
X: -182
Y: 11
Z:+282

2nd Roost(Newer one):
X:-192
Y: 11
Z: 247

Submitting 2 roosts.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
Seems like a lot of people are having trouble with the size restrictions. I think you should make the size larger, it would allow people to create better designs. At least 30x30, if not more.
Just because the old one was 20x20 doesn't mean the new ones do, right? :p

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
I don't mind 20x20. Just giving my opinion since I already created my thing. If it is enlarged I would have a larger dragon head lol

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
I think 20x20 is enough, I guess some designs could potentially cut it close with that space limitation tho. The extra breathing room would be nice.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
It's easier to make something much more appealing to the eye with a 30x30 over 20x20.

sidesummy

TNT
Entry #3
I took some liberty in the area restrictions because it was just too darn small to make something of real value, but it's still surprisingly compact.

I went with the area of a tree, but no leaves because a dragon would fire breath those stupid things away. I also incorporated the idea of fire upon the top. Go have a look for yourself.

x: -170
y: 4
z: 460

6eYT42n.jpg

could make things like this faster and focus on even more quality once i get architect on creative :)

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
As for dimensions, as long as it it close it's okay. We don't want massive, towering structures for them.

If your building is a few blocks larger than the 20x20 I'm not too worried about it. Larger than 30x30 is too big for what we want, but if you go over the 20x20 limit it's okay.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
I've got a 24x24 (decent size and it looks rationally sized for what it's worth) I may have a second entry though :p

Located at +264,+256.

Going to be modifying it as I wake up tomorrow or sometime soon.

It may be a bit too drastic of a theme change from a treetop dragon roost, but I'll work on a tree themed dragon roost after this.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
If anyone wants something moved to the new plot system let me know. If you have finished, you can leave your roost entry where it is.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
I currently cannot speak or do anything on the new system.
Anyone who was on the old may may not inherit perms correctly. Just post it here and I'll fix it for you

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
My Entry on the Plotme Server:
-70, +170

It's not much, but it was fun building, heh. Don't go through the lava. ;)

dragonzero39

Legacy Supporter 7
Good Game Everyone.
Time for me to step in.
Builds Name: Valewind Mountain.
Theme: Our Ender World
By: Dragonzero39
Time: 37 minutes to complete.
Features: Room for Signs, Dragons treasure horde, easter egg room, lava falls.

Front View
2013-02-28_165530_zps8214a08f.png

Nest Area. Dragons Horde o' Treasure. Signs.
2013-02-28_165536_zps6d39273a.png

Rear View
2013-02-28_165549_zps0bbf2cbe.png

Easter Egg Room Angle 1
2013-02-28_165605_zps494aa1c8.png

Easter Egg Room Angle 2
2013-02-28_165615_zpsfe09a30f.png