• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Building Competition

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
In preparation to re-integrate Dragon travel with bastion, we need new Dragoon Roosts! For those who don't know, Dragon travel allows you to fly between preset points on the back of a dragon, and the 'roosts' are like the train stations.

Rules:
  • ~20x20 wide, ~40 high
  • Needs space to put up signs for the plugin (about 8-9)
  • Needs to look like it could be a dragon roost (doesn't need to be in a tree, though)
Make it in your creative server plot, and post in this thread the coordinates of your entry. The competition ends MARCH 2.

Rewards:
There will be 4 winners chosen.
  • Your name on all of the roosts placed in game
  • 20 Dragon Eggs (needed for kingdoms)
  • 1,000 coin
Heralds Moderators Admins Founder

bfittipaldi

Legacy Supporter 7
Cool way to get some nice builds on the server.
On another note hopefully someone from Nw *Cough gabizou *Cough will win and get some dragon eggs :p.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Oh how I want WorldEdit right now. :I Filling in 20x20x40 blocks by hand is so boring... that's like 16000 blocks...

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Cool way to get some nice builds on the server.
On another note hopefully someone from Nw *Cough gabizou *Cough will win and get some dragon eggs :p.
FINE!

Mind you, this is now my let's count:
1) Catacombs
2) Dungeon
3) Dungeon
4) Newerth Town Hall
5) Dragon Roost

5th project I'm taking up in less than a week. Symbolite get your shinny butt on the creative server :p We want those dragon eggs.

Alator Can we have multiple people for one entry?

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
20 dragon eggs? Jesus... surely thats worth like 20k?. Good luck to those of you who can build!!

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
20 dragon eggs? Jesus... surely thats worth like 20k?. Good luck to those of you who can build!!
They have been trading for 100-200c. There were 150 given out at yesterday's event, and the admins will be putting more into the market.
Somewhere around 50-80 are needed for kingdom.

Nightroado

Obsidian
When I first heard about this, I envisioned a large 3D nest with a cracked egg inside and a curled up dragon hatchling inside that. Then I saw the dimension restrictions lol.

Nightroado

Obsidian
Alator

When you say "space for 8 or 9 signs" are you wanting them on the side? Inside? Does it matter?

Does it -have- to conform to those dimensions exactly or poke out slightly here or there?

Can we enter more than once? If we can, can we win more than once?

Edit: Does it have to look like an ender dragon-sized dragon live there? Can it look like something bigger does?

Does it need proper lighting or will it be in a non mob spawning region, or does it even matter?

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
I was wondering if you could get a screenshot of the Dragon Roosts that were used on Dragongarde Alator since I don't remember what those looked like. I think I will definitely put together a build for this competition!

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Alator

When you say "space for 8 or 9 signs" are you wanting them on the side? Inside? Does it matter?

Does it -have- to conform to those dimensions exactly or poke out slightly here or there?

Can we enter more than once? If we can, can we win more than once?

Edit: Does it have to look like an ender dragon-sized dragon live there? Can it look like something bigger does?

Does it need proper lighting or will it be in a non mob spawning region, or does it even matter?
I was wondering if you could get a screenshot of the Dragon Roosts that were used on Dragongarde Alator since I don't remember what those looked like. I think I will definitely put together a build for this competition!

I pasted the old Dragon Roost in the spawn of the Creative server for you to look at so you can see what is required for the signs, and compare to the old style.

As for dimensions, as long as it it close it's okay. We don't want massive, towering structures for them.

You can enter multiple entries, but can only win one reward.

For lighting, players need to be able to see where they are going at night and be able to read the signs, that's it.