• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Building a PC

Airbus101

Legacy Supporter 7
I only have 3 mins before I have to log off...

however POWER SUPPLY:
I've had this thing in 2 PC's now its a Flagship super quiet all the bells and whistles!

Red "Crossfire Edition" Silencer 750W

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=63

Silencer_Red_3827_3869.jpg

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I will! Thanks again for the help.
This stuff is basically what I'll get for Christmas, so the topic may just sink down the list in the meantime.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
If you would please, Pun.

(Edit by Pun: You got it, bud. ;) )

So this guy at Fry's who has built multiple computers said that Gigabyte motherboards are more-or-less crappy. Anybody else have experience with that?

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
I had a gigabyte video card that went out and had to be replaced, the rma process took like 2 months.

Never had a mb from them, always had good results from ASUS though, they are pricey but very nice.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Motherboard Guy got me all worried. :p But it turns out Gigabyte does have a spotty track record when it comes to RMA. I'll probably be shooting for the ASUS p8z68-v pro.

Airbus101

Legacy Supporter 7
I got the ASUS Sabertooth P67 very happy with it, with an I7 2600K (best bang for buck for the processor..)

the 16gb of memory doesn't hurt either