• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Buff's/De Buffs depending on weather/enviroment.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
I was raiding a town a few days ago and it was raining. This is quite a large disadvantage for a pyromancer because fireball, flamesword, blaze and firewave won't do the most damage they are capable of. I think a good way to counter this is to implement is for different classes to perform better in different terrain/weather. So for example (I haven't really thought about the buffs/de-buffs much)

Buff

Night: They could have increased damage, slightly lower cool down etc...
DK
Necro
BM

Day: They could have increased damage, slightly lower cool down etc...
Paladin
Healer specs
Bard

Desert: They could have increased damage, slightly lower cool down etc...
Pyromancer

Jungle: They could have increased damage, slightly lower cool down etc...
Beguiler
Dragoon

Storm: They could have increased damage, slightly lower cool down etc...
Wizard
Ninja
Mystic

Plains: They could have increased damage, slightly lower cool down etc...
Samurai
Ranger

(I'm not sure where I would put runeblade)

De-Buff

Day: They could have lower damage, higher CD's etc..
Necro
DK
BM

Night: They could have lower damage, higher CD's etc..
Paladin
Healer Specs
Bard

Rain: They could have lower damage, higher CD's etc, fireball's DoT doesn't work.
Pyromancer
Caster specs

Plains: They could have lower damage, higher CD's etc..
Dragoon
Beguiler

Desert: They could have lower damage, higher CD's etc..
Wizard
Ninja
Mystic

Jungle: They could have lower damage, higher CD's etc..
Samurai
Ranger

It isn't very well thought through but I would like to hear some opinions on this?
I'm not sure on what kind of de-buffs/buffs would be balanced nor do i know if this is even possible.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
wow... I actually like this idea. this would give like home biomes to certain classes and such, also give more abilities to classes and such, not in a skill sort of way, but yah. it would be pretty cool, going through biomes and kind of, not certainly, expecting more of a certain class, so you know what to be prepared for, even at a disadvantage. this would also add more planning for towns and such and they would have to consider where to put the town to most benefit their members. I likey, very nice, but yes, a little more planning maybe, and yes, i do believe it can be done with a seperate plugin. I dont know about cds and such, but the damage and stuff yah, could use potion effects like most all plugins do, the weakness in darkness for healers and strength during day, give strength potion effect, and give weakness potion effect, simple for that, whoever does the plugin designing for heroes might possibly be able to make a heroes dependant plugin that does the other effects such as cds and such.

Thebeast

Iron
Its a good idea, i like it, but its already like that, minus the night and day buffs. For example dragoons are better in jungle and Samurai's are good in plains, I just dont think that it needs to be added.