• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Buffing Healer Specializations

MR_DIG

TNT
I have been playing as a healer because i find them to be a unique class. However, i am worried about my usefullness in the game after i spec. I find that there are only 2 reasonable healer classes which are Cleric and Druid as they have adequate and usefull abilities that can be used witout sucking up every last bit of mana.

Monk and Bloodmage on the otherhand are really appealing spec. ideas. However they currently have very few useful abilities...

The Bloodmage has a good variety of damaging abilities and crowd control abilities (fireball, drain soul, and curse) however they all use up a good chunk of mana, and on top of that they drain the healers health. What i find most dissapointing about the Bloodmage is that they are a healing class, but their only healing abilities are the basic bandage which all healers get, and their syphon which hurts them equally for the amount of healing they do to another player. The Bloodmage could at least have a few more abilities, maybe one that had a long cooldown but completely restored the health of the Bloodmage. At least then they could use some of their abilities without bringing their own health so low that they jeopradize a pvp battle by being of no use besides a weak target.

The Monk is already pretty cool. I may be mistaken, but i have heard that the ability "chakra" actually does very little healing. If what i have heard is true, then i think that like the bloodmage, monk needs to have some good healing ability besides the basic bandage (afterall his basic class is a healer). Maybe "chakra" just needs a buff idk. Furthermore, the Monk lacks some utility move like the Druid's overgrowth or the Clerics revive. Abilities like these can be really useful in random everyday minecraft situations.

If anything, it is the Bloodmage that needs the real attention. They have few abilities, and as a healer they can't efficiently heal another player or keep themselves healed when cast any of thier abilities.

MR_DIG

TNT
Ah cool, so it heals like 3 hearts? I had only heard opinions about Chakra from other players on the server who said it was under powered. Well, aside from that, I think Bloodmage could use a little tuning. His abilities as a healer seem impractical.