• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Buffing Druid, it's a mediocre class

Kekosawr

Legacy Supporter 4
Cleric has a clear role as best instant heals and buffs, Disciple and Bloodmage are both combat oriented, but Druid is a mediocre healer at best and a TERRIBLE fighter.
You have no damaging moves aside from Smite and the only combat move is Root at 40, which does no damage.
Druid gets the "unique" heal over time Rejuvenate, which needs a buff because 21 hp over 21 seconds isn't really useful. Druid doesn't get any group heals or buffs and the only group move is Port.

Suggestions:
  • Rejuvenate seriously needs to be buffed up. Reduce the time period by at least half because 1hp/sec is really sad.
  • A group move that's useful in combat. Perhaps a group heal-over-time buff.
  • Forage isn't terribly useful, maybe ditch that move for the group HoT.
Anyway I'm going to respec because at the moment Druid isn't very fun. :/

There have been a couple Druid threads throughout the past couple days and they all died quickly after even though some of the ideas seemed really cool. From what I remember, here were some skills that were suggested.

-Summon Snow Golem
Summons a golem for a set amount of time (1-1/2 minutes?) that will protect the player and attack mobs with their snowballs. Snowballs should do a little damage, 3-4 maybe b/c of lag and/or mana cost. Snowballs could also have a slowdown effect?

-Photosynthesis
Healing over time move that also gives nearby party members an hp regen buff, but can only be performed when in sunlight.

-Totems
One suggested ability was to give Druids some totem-like abilities which would have an AoE. For example, if a Druid places a totem (sign) and selects a certain ability, the totem would give anyone within the totems range (4-5 blocks) a buff, or a harming effect if one was to play an espionage role.

Thunderjolt

Legacy Supporter 4
I'm pretty sure the totem ability is impossible due to current limitation in code if I remember Sleaker's post correctly. Also, I have no idea if our skills can check being in daylight as opposed to a certain light level.

I'm pretty sure the totem ability is impossible due to current limitation in code if I remember Sleaker's post correctly. Also, I have no idea if our skills can check being in daylight as opposed to a certain light level.

I was merely bringing to attention the skills of notable importance that had been discussed in previous threads. Those threads had received, as far as i knew, no attention other than from the creators of the thread and a couple Druid/Healer hopefuls.

And ice doesn't melt in sunlight, yet it melts in all other sources. I'm no coding expert, but i assume it could be done.

jelly22

TNT
I think the druid needs a buff as well. Whether it is a utility class or not, it is still a healer. Having a heal over time that does 21 hp over 21 seconds is completely useless. lol It says 7 seconds on the wiki which I think sounds a lot more fair. I've always thought of the druid as being a counterpart of the cleric who focuses more on heals over time rather than instant heals. If people are not enjoying the druid, I think it should be changed a bit so that people find it to be a more enjoyable class to play.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
There's no hooks for Snow Golems.

We aren't finished with Druid - that's for sure. However, it takes time to tweak and perfect classes. Make sure your suggestions are unbiased and positive