• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Buff Dragoon

DailyDoseOfVitMe

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
This is just my opinion of course but I really feel like Dragoon is in dying need of a buff. Dragoon is a unique class because of it's mobility but that's it, other then that there really isn't anything special about it, sure it does a lot of melee damage but so does every other warrior class. Take berserker for example, it does a ton of melee damage and it has a healing skill along with a stun etc. Dragoon isn't that unique, I mean it can drain mana that's cool and all but I feel like Dragoon could be much better. Another OP warrior is Dreadknight which I consider a melee/tank/necro only downside is it's slow, but that's still way more useful than Dragonsmash which does no damage. Overall I think Dragoon should get a buff because rn in my opinion it's the worst warrior class.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
This is just my opinion of course but I really feel like Dragoon is in dying need of a buff. Dragoon is a unique class because of it's mobility but that's it, other then that there really isn't anything special about it, sure it does a lot of melee damage but so does every other warrior class. Take berserker for example, it does a ton of melee damage and it has a healing skill along with a stun etc. Dragoon isn't that unique, I mean it can drain mana that's cool and all but I feel like Dragoon could be much better. Another OP warrior is Dreadknight which I consider a melee/tank/necro only downside is it's slow, but that's still way more useful than Dragonsmash which does no damage. Overall I think Dragoon should get a buff because rn in my opinion it's the worst warrior class.
Lmao. Ok if Dragoon is the same when I was playing (I played on this map) It doesn't need buffs. It's left clicks are insane damage. If you are having trouble with the class and think it needs a buff then that is not the problem. The problem is you. But I mean if there were any changes recently then enlighten me. If not then, You shouldn't die on that class. For the stage the map is in, solo pvping is one of the only things you can do. Dragoon is the god at solo pvping. And what does Dragonsmash do? Sounds kinda new but could of been in the game when I played, just don't remember what it does. And comparing Dreadknight to Dragoon is dumb. Like I said, Dragoon is a solo class. Dreadknight can't kill someone and get out easily if raiding a town. They are 2 completely different play styles.

DailyDoseOfVitMe

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Lmao. Ok if Dragoon is the same when I was playing (I played on this map) It doesn't need buffs. It's left clicks are insane damage. If you are having trouble with the class and think it needs a buff then that is not the problem. The problem is you. But I mean if there were any changes recently then enlighten me. If not then, You shouldn't die on that class. For the stage the map is in, solo pvping is one of the only things you can do. Dragoon is the god at solo pvping. And what does Dragonsmash do? Sounds kinda new but could of been in the game when I played, just don't remember what it does. And comparing Dreadknight to Dragoon is dumb. Like I said, Dragoon is a solo class. Dreadknight can't kill someone and get out easily if raiding a town. They are 2 completely different play styles.
Tell me, when was the last time you actually logged on and played Dragoon? Last I checked it did the same damage as a samurai and less than a berserker. Any warrior class can beat dragoon, I've heard from a couple of people dragoon just needs to remain shit but I disagree. Now dragonsmash is just super jump but does a little bit of damage. It sure as hell used to be

arcanegrove

Obsidian
So, I somewhat agree on dragoon needing something. Any class that has sustain can beat it, and if you understand the mechanic of jump, it can actually be used against you. It's remarkably stamina heavy, but if you have to put points into the most useless stat just so you can still run after using 3 skills then it's remarkably bad. Dragoon isn't terrible. But it is on the lower end of the spectrum.

If we're talking about the best solo class, it's hands down ninja. I realize you're speaking from when you were playing this map, but dragoon is no longer the class of choice for solo play. Also, any class with a mobility skill with a bard can catch you as a dragoon. With the way current meta is being played though, dragoon can not kill other classes in a 1v1 (Besides ranger and like... that's it). It's melee damage isn't enough. It's mobility and control are good, but it doesn't do enough in a 1v1 anymore.

Yeah you can jump out of most situations, if you managed you stamina well and the other isn't playing a class with dots or a way to close distance (Disc can flying kick then force pull pretty easy, ninja can grappling hook and has a bow etc.)

Honestly, I hate dragonsmash. It's an entirely pointless skill that does nothing for the class. It either needs to do more damage, or be replaced with another skill. Piercing strike is just bad. (25% of weapon dmg? Terrible)

Slows in general have been nerfed to the ground. Sprint Jumping makes slows not nearly as effective as they used to be (I'm not entirely sure on this one though, but I've found every slow that used to be good terrible) and since spear is a cast, it makes it so that if their just on the range of your spear, you won't be able to get it off. I get the warm up for spear, but I don't think impale needs a warmup.

And if you're say that you shouldn't compare DK to dragoon, then you don't know the current meta at all. The meta is not, "Get in get out" It's, 'Get in and cap the Castle" and a DK doesn't need the ability to get out of a town after raiding it. It's a broken class. Becuase DK with any class that gives it mana with basically be able to 2v3-4 a town somewhat easily. Not exaggerating either. If you think a dragoon can jump in, do a bunch of dmg and jump out of a fight with a DK in the there, then you're wrong. If the dragoon is targeted by the DK, if he tries to jump out when low, then he's going to die if the DK know's what he's doing.

Not only that, but over half of the dragoon's skill set aren't viable in most fight due to stamina costs and just generally be bad. Dragoon's damage is very underwhelming compared to the rest of the meta at the moment.

I'm not sure what the class needs, but it does need something.

DailyDoseOfVitMe

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Yeah I agree but I don't think @Air_Restraint understands what dragoon was turned into. I think it needs to do more Melee damage, tremor either needs to knock people back farther or do more damage, I think impale is broken because everything I use it it doesn't same to slow them, and finally bring back the iron chest plate because with all these less useful skills it has dragoon really needs that extra set of armor.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
What it really needs is to be looked at by the balance team and fixed heh. You can't just give it something without first looking at what it'll do to the current balance we have now. I just have the time right now, but i will trying to get into the balance team soon.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
Tell me, when was the last time you actually logged on and played Dragoon? Last I checked it did the same damage as a samurai and less than a berserker. Any warrior class can beat dragoon, I've heard from a couple of people dragoon just needs to remain shit but I disagree. Now dragonsmash is just super jump but does a little bit of damage. It sure as hell used to be
Yeah then I played when dragonsmash was in. Let me remind you, Dragoon is a solo class because of it's mobility. It is not suppose to beat any other warrior class. It's meant to solo raid and get out if the situation got sticky. The only class it can't escape is a bard, but the only way a bard is going to kill a Dragoon is if the Bard has a group with him. Dragoon loses to all warrior classes and pretty much beats any other class. May lose to Runeblade also, but that's about it. I know what I'm talking about here man, I used to be on the Balance Team and was one of the main PvPers. Unless there was a serious nerf to Dragoon's damage that I do not know about since I left the server, then Dragoon is perfectly fine. If Dragoon gets the slightest buff, expect everyone to call it OP and everyone will complain.

Last edited:

arcanegrove

Obsidian
Yeah then I played when dragonsmash was in. Let me remind you, Dragoon is a solo class because of it's mobility. It is not suppose to beat any other warrior class. It's meant to solo raid and get out if the situation got sticky. The only class it can't escape is a bard, but the only way a bard is going to kill a Dragoon is if the Bard has a group with him. Dragoon loses to all warrior classes and pretty much beats any other class. May lose to Runeblade also, but that's about it. I know what I'm talking about here man, I used to be on the Balance Team and was one of the main PvPers. Unless there was a serious nerf to Dragoon's damage that I do not know about since I left the server, then Dragoon is perfectly fine. If Dragoon gets the slightest buff, expect everyone to call it OP and everyone will complain.

Were you playing with or without gold weapons? And was it before or after the damage reduction with gold weapons? Also, what as I was trying to explain, the current meta, due to what ever circumstances in the scheme of class balance, Dragoon is not nearly as strong compared to most other classes. Being on the balance team and being, "One of the main pvp'ers" means nothing to me, due to what the connotation of, "Main pvper" entails. Generally solo hunting lower levels and unsuspecting people. This is no way to balance to a class (But you were on the balance team, so it's no wonder it's all screwy)

If you're not an idiot, and you're decent at kiting, then most mages can beat a dragoon. No class with any sustain can be beaten by a dragoon, and all the rogue classes at the moment are entirely unbalanced due to gold weapons.

I agree that dragoon is a solo class, but it cannot compete in an honest to-the-dead fight. If you're telling me that it's balance is in the fact it can get in and out of fights easily, then ninja/bard/wizard are unbalanced. Because they are just generally better.

Lastly, a bard are very viable in a 1v1, against most other casters if their not an idiot.

You're argument that, "You were on the balance team," and were "One of the main pvpers," is pretty utter bullshit. If two players of equal strength fight one another, and one isn't playing ranger, and the other is playing dragoon: the dragoon player will loss most of the time.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
Were you playing with or without gold weapons? And was it before or after the damage reduction with gold weapons? Also, what as I was trying to explain, the current meta, due to what ever circumstances in the scheme of class balance, Dragoon is not nearly as strong compared to most other classes. Being on the balance team and being, "One of the main pvp'ers" means nothing to me, due to what the connotation of, "Main pvper" entails. Generally solo hunting lower levels and unsuspecting people. This is no way to balance to a class (But you were on the balance team, so it's no wonder it's all screwy)

If you're not an idiot, and you're decent at kiting, then most mages can beat a dragoon. No class with any sustain can be beaten by a dragoon, and all the rogue classes at the moment are entirely unbalanced due to gold weapons.

I agree that dragoon is a solo class, but it cannot compete in an honest to-the-dead fight. If you're telling me that it's balance is in the fact it can get in and out of fights easily, then ninja/bard/wizard are unbalanced. Because they are just generally better.

Lastly, a bard are very viable in a 1v1, against most other casters if their not an idiot.

You're argument that, "You were on the balance team," and were "One of the main pvpers," is pretty utter bullshit. If two players of equal strength fight one another, and one isn't playing ranger, and the other is playing dragoon: the dragoon player will loss most of the time.
I hopped on as a level 41 dragoon without all my skills. I killed a 48 reaver. So. No excuses. You are dying as dragoon, then you are garbage. The worst part is I didn't play hc in ages, and my left clicks were garbage. Also about mages, I do agree with that. All though it's a skill match up between a dragoon and mage. If it's a decent dragoon and a decent mage, a dragoon still has the upper hand. I main wizard also. A dragoon rarely beats me when I did play the class. But that's because a large majority of the players suck at PvP on HC. But mage would almost never beat me when I was dragoon unless they were an og pvper. You keep using the words "not an idiot"
A LARGE MAJORITY OF THE PLAYERS ARE IDIOTS WHEN IT COMES TO PVP.
But you saying a bard beats a dragoon is also a very idiotic statement. Please don't try to argue, I got on the server to see if Dragoon was garbage, and it isn't. I tested it and it is fine.

DailyDoseOfVitMe

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I hopped on as a level 41 dragoon without all my skills. I killed a 48 reaver. So. No excuses. You are dying as dragoon, then you are garbage. The worst part is I didn't play hc in ages, and my left clicks were garbage. Also about mages, I do agree with that. All though it's a skill match up between a dragoon and mage. If it's a decent dragoon and a decent mage, a dragoon still has the upper hand. I main wizard also. A dragoon rarely beats me when I did play the class. But that's because a large majority of the players suck at PvP on HC. But mage would almost never beat me when I was dragoon unless they were an og pvper. You keep using the words "not an idiot"
A LARGE MAJORITY OF THE PLAYERS ARE IDIOTS WHEN IT COMES TO PVP.
But you saying a bard beats a dragoon is also a very idiotic statement. Please don't try to argue, I got on the server to see if Dragoon was garbage, and it isn't. I tested it and it is fine.
Can you get on herocraft around 6:00 P.M. CTS today? I want to see if this is true.