• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Buff & Debuff skills

DavidKkz

TNT
I think you are reading this wrong David, the buffs are spells cast by the mentioned class. You don't have to run anywhere to cast them.

So, what you are saying is, if someone wanted to cast a buff on me, I could be 3800m away and only need to be in the party? If so I no longer agree with the idea, or at least your interpretation of it. Most things are sold at spawn, so unless someone wants to go to my place for me to pay for a buff, I'd imagine I will be asking for a GTP or running.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
What also would be cool if armor/weapons that affect attributes. Such as
Enchanted Armor that adds 5 points to constitution.
Enchanted Book/hoe that adds 5 points to int.

macura

Diamond
Make the buffs way shorter duration. Also look into having buff/debuffs on wisdom, in order to enhance the potential ability of the user through additional mana without automatically giving them more damage. Basically increasing the potential of the user through additional sustain, this way the user would not receive a large advantage unless they have the skill to get to a point where they need the extra mana. Such as fighting a tank or 2v1ing.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Perhaps for some of the longer duration buffs we should make it so that you can't stack all of them and become all powerful.

So you couldn't stack the larger buffs but would have to choose between whether they wanted +15 to one stat or +5 to all stats.
+15 to all stats is a massive bonus as +15 Int to a wizard means almost another 40 damage + the bonus HP it would give them etc.
I feel there needs to be some limitations to these buffs.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Yeah, waiting for Kain to give a clear decision on how to balance these out, otherwise I'd have gone to town coding then.
I'd rather just not have reagents (except for harmful ones) and limit them by not allowing you to stack "major"ones.
...Though I'm not sure how to prevent trolling at any rate, so that'd be problematic.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Yeah, waiting for Kain to give a clear decision on how to balance these out, otherwise I'd have gone to town coding then.
I'd rather just not have reagents (except for harmful ones) and limit them by not allowing you to stack "major"ones.
...Though I'm not sure how to prevent trolling at any rate, so that'd be problematic.
limit to party members only

Nukadokuu

Gold
That's great, perhaps so that if someone leaves the party they lose the buff? Also setting a range would be good, say a hundred blocks? Or you could make them more like passive auras for a party, instead of having to re-cast the ability every certain amount of time. Which would deal with the matter of range, be within, again 100 blocks for example, and you automatically get the buff for having that class in your party? Only problem I could think with that is one could just join a party to give a buff, and then AFK in a safe area. But really the only true safe areas would be in a secure town, residency, or near spawn. Of course it would be easy to make a mob-proof shelter in Shrine and AFK in there. Perhaps a line of effect for the aura idea? Idk, all just thoughts that come up, whatever you guys do I'll be happy with, just simply getting a buff for my party =D

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Go ahead and code them now, there's no reason to wait on balance. That can be done via configs.

Buffs will stack. The durations will increase per-level. Minimum will be 5-10 mins (as cited in the original post) per-level duration can be done via config as well.

I'm thinking the reagents should be more costly if we are using longer ones. This, however, makes it so support classes can become money makers. This isn't a terribly bad thing however. To make sure they arent abused in combat, we're going to put a long cast and in-combat check in them as well.

Last edited:

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Ooh buffs that can't be used in combat, sounds great
Buff SKILLS* that cannot be used in combat.
Fixed it for you.
They have long durations, if you neglect to prepare for a fight or don't sustain one just in case, you're going to have a disadvantage.
If you have the buff already on, though, it's not like it'll disappear when you enter combat. Otherwise, these would make no sense. I for one have never seen an out of combat use for strength.