• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bring Back Held Gear, Remove Death Chests

Ice

Heroes Never Die
So yeah. Bring back the keep gear on death and remove deathchests.

Right now there is small incentive to being any good armor/weapons to fights knowing it'll just get blocked up and camped. And I'm not asking for this just because I've lost gear; dying and losing shit sucks but you end up getting it back.

PvP is very unrewarding. It's more or less PvP because that's all you can do if you don't want to build, level or mine. There should be incentive to go out and fight: for LOOT.

Please bring up any good and bad points about both things. This is all I could think of but discuss it!

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
The issue with this is, if someone has armor/weapons you want, it is impossible to kill them for it. With the current system, you can keep them off their chest to acquire anything you wanted from them.

drpepper1344

Soulsand
The issue with this is, if someone has armor/weapons you want, it is impossible to kill them for it. With the current system, you can keep them off their chest to acquire anything you wanted from them.

Maybe use the township system in some way with this? Like if you are at war with the players town, then they drop all their gear, otherwise they keep armor/weapon. Or utilize the bounty system in a similar fashion.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
If someone has armor/weapons you want, you should work to obtain them yourself. High level weapons and armor should be hard to obtain, and should remain yours on death. I believe some, if not all of your inventory should be lootable on death, but hard worked for items such as weapons and armor, should remain product of the owner, but with a serious hit on durability.

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
It shouldn't be easy, but there should be some scenarios where they do drop their gear. Perhaps they can only drop gear if they are attacking your town and die on regions?

I agree that Deathchests do no good, since hoardes of maxed-out players just wait for you to come get your stuff, and kill you again, which costs you COINS, and costs you EXPERIENCE. They bleat weak arguments like "they keep coming back", but omit the part where every bit of Diamond Gear, Iron Ores, Emeralds and Diamonds you might've got from HOURS of mining, is in that Death Chest they're camping, and once it's gone, you will have to start back over from Wooden Tools again.

What good is Coins from voting, if you're too weak to not have your stuff stolen from you again? You have to pay a King's Ransom to lock a chest, so those get looted too. You can make a town, but THEY can be raided too! And, every time you're PK'd, you lose money...they can keep doing it until you LITERALLY have maybe 0c or 1c to your name.

As such Youtube channels as Ventrillo Harassment have proven (with it's 1,000,000+ views, and nearly 6,000 subscribers), too many Gamers are using Multiplayer Games to harass because they think it's "funny" (look at all the "FUNNY" Ratings on posts against Vet-on-Newb Camping) to get a reaction out of someone.

This is no longer an argument of "Is this PvP, or is it not?". It's a matter of "how can we make the game playable for the nice, honest and respectable players, so that our overall Community Vibe improves. It's a shame that we have to go drag Vets back to Herocraft, and have them weigh in, just to be acknowledged, but I guess necessity is the mother of invention...

I'm behind this idea of making certain level gear Soulbound, and unlootable. I also think players should be immune to PvP until Level 20 or so. Naturally, if these newbies go and instigate a fight, they will be Marked, and they can be targeted by PvPers again.

Most popular PvP servers also have a feature that, if you're unarmed and have nothing in your inventory, you can't be PK'd. True, it's savage that you'll be targetable if you even so much as pick up a single dirt block, or grass seed....but that's closer to what you can legitimately call "Balance", than all-out anarchy. You can then at least TRY and go and try to get the things from your Chest. Sure, you may get killed the instant you have your gear back, but at least you have a chance to run, and maybe (against all odds) elude your stalkers.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
The plugin we have for keeping items on death is in-house (I think we got it from somewhere and modified it, but minor details), so I can update it for offhand if need be.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
With this whole new conquest thing coming out, I'm pretty sure raiding isn't supposed to be the focus of town vs. town combat.
That, and the town graveyards.
They grant a massive home advantage to any town being raided, and a large disadvantage to the opposition (unless they're right next to each other, I suppose).

It definitely gives off a feel that conflicts are supposed to be external.

Wild_Porygon

Legacy Supporter 5
I agree that Deathchests do no good, since hoardes of maxed-out players just wait for you to come get your stuff, and kill you again, which costs you COINS, and costs you EXPERIENCE. They bleat weak arguments like "they keep coming back", but omit the part where every bit of Diamond Gear, Iron Ores, Emeralds and Diamonds you might've got from HOURS of mining, is in that Death Chest they're camping, and once it's gone, you will have to start back over from Wooden Tools again.

What good is Coins from voting, if you're too weak to not have your stuff stolen from you again? You have to pay a King's Ransom to lock a chest, so those get looted too. You can make a town, but THEY can be raided too! And, every time you're PK'd, you lose money...they can keep doing it until you LITERALLY have maybe 0c or 1c to your name.

As such Youtube channels as Ventrillo Harassment have proven (with it's 1,000,000+ views, and nearly 6,000 subscribers), too many Gamers are using Multiplayer Games to harass because they think it's "funny" (look at all the "FUNNY" Ratings on posts against Vet-on-Newb Camping) to get a reaction out of someone.

This is no longer an argument of "Is this PvP, or is it not?". It's a matter of "how can we make the game playable for the nice, honest and respectable players, so that our overall Community Vibe improves. It's a shame that we have to go drag Vets back to Herocraft, and have them weigh in, just to be acknowledged, but I guess necessity is the mother of invention...

I'm behind this idea of making certain level gear Soulbound, and unlootable. I also think players should be immune to PvP until Level 20 or so. Naturally, if these newbies go and instigate a fight, they will be Marked, and they can be targeted by PvPers again.

Most popular PvP servers also have a feature that, if you're unarmed and have nothing in your inventory, you can't be PK'd. True, it's savage that you'll be targetable if you even so much as pick up a single dirt block, or grass seed....but that's closer to what you can legitimately call "Balance", than all-out anarchy. You can then at least TRY and go and try to get the things from your Chest. Sure, you may get killed the instant you have your gear back, but at least you have a chance to run, and maybe (against all odds) elude your stalkers.

stfu

That, and the town graveyards.
They grant a massive home advantage to any town being raided, and a large disadvantage to the opposition (unless they're right next to each other, I suppose).

It definitely gives off a feel that conflicts are supposed to be external.
When/if the old war system is implemented the focus will shift back to town raiding. For now it definitely is external though.

Ice

Heroes Never Die

Please leave my thread if you're just gonna shitpost ty

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
In a perfect world.

We wouldnt need death chests. You would keep your gear/held but if you were a murderer you would drop everything.

Juan_Plays

Stone
Designate special "War Zones" where people should drop their gear on death, and in wars between towns players should drop their gear when they are killed by an enemy town player. Also players should drop half 3/4 their Exp. on death even if they keep their items. they should also drop their items in the special castles, but not dungeons.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
I think people should not drop death chests in spawn(sorry legendaries), dungeons and herogate regions anymore. I would add towns but I think those should stay to give both raiders and town members points to fight on.