• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bring Back Elo 2k15

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
If you have been around since Haven and onward you probably by now know what elo is, but for all you rookies ill explain it.
Everyone starts at 2500 elo, if you die you lose some elo and if you kill someone you gain some elo. If you kill someone with a high elo, your elo will go up significantly and if you die to someone with a low elo your, your elo will go down significantly.
Some of you scrubs might be asking me, well why elo and not kdr?
Elo unlike kdr is not fucked over with a few deaths. If you die twice your kdr is cut in half anymore its just pointless for the season, this sucks. Not everyone is invincible, that is why people run and hide in their towns, with elo you can die an infinite amount of times and still get top elo.
Elo also gives a sense of accomplishment when you kill someone with a lot higher elo, not only do you gain a lot you also makes their's drop a lot. Elo also makes it impossible to farm noobs. Since a noob will have traditionally low elo farming it will not do anything to your elo. This makes people stop camping the noobs and go fight pvpers with decently high elo.
This is better for the whole community, new players will join and people will not hide away in their towns, and elo is FUN too.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
If you have been around since Haven and onward you probably by now know what elo is, but for all you rookies ill explain it.
Everyone starts at 2500 elo, if you die you lose some elo and if you kill someone you gain some elo. If you kill someone with a high elo, your elo will go up significantly and if you die to someone with a low elo your, your elo will go down significantly.
Some of you scrubs might be asking me, well why elo and not kdr?
Elo unlike kdr is not fucked over with a few deaths. If you die twice your kdr is cut in half anymore its just pointless for the season, this sucks. Not everyone is invincible, that is why people run and hide in their towns, with elo you can die an infinite amount of times and still get top elo.
Elo also gives a sense of accomplishment when you kill someone with a lot higher elo, not only do you gain a lot you also makes their's drop a lot. Elo also makes it impossible to farm noobs. Since a noob will have traditionally low elo farming it will not do anything to your elo. This makes people stop camping the noobs and go fight pvpers with decently high elo.
This is better for the whole community, new players will join and people will not hide away in their towns, and elo is FUN too.
You start at 1200 btw

Fecalwizard

Stone
If ELO actually does not increase due to killing newbs or existed to the point where killing newbs were not worth it at all I'd like to support this suggestion.

xMJay

Portal
If ELO actually does not increase due to killing newbs or existed to the point where killing newbs were not worth it at all I'd like to support this suggestion.
the reason you are targeted is because you talk shit in chat btw

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
KDR is still a reason to camp noobs. I agree with the elo system instead, because if you die it's more of a punishment then dying with kdr usually. You can also have a shit kdr and still get high elo.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
KDR is still a reason to camp noobs. I agree with the elo system instead, because if you die it's more of a punishment then dying with kdr usually. You can also have a shit kdr and still get high elo.
or a high kdr but a shit elo (which is what happens with the clan system atm) Elo is just a better system imo

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
This sounds like a terrific system, and ELO is used on quite a few servers, honestly I think we should go to this like tomorrow

however, most of you are prolly too young to know what comes to mind when people say ELO

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Well it seems the folks want this @Kainzo , to be honest I see no reason why it should not be implemented. Its a fact that the only thing that clans did was bring a group together, but with elo it brings more pvp and people can just form guilds again