• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bring back Dragoon superjump

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
The community as a whole majority of them want superjump back so why fight it and just make the community happy? It's backwards
Speak for yourself. I know plenty of people who hated superjump and are happy it's gone.
The only people that are going to want it back are the people that actually played Dragoon. It's a dragoon skill that has no benefit for any class other than the Dragoon. Saying that "everyone wants it back" or "most people are happy it's gone" is incorrect. If you are sad it's gone, you played dragoon. If you are happy it's gone, you probably didn't like fighting dragoons.

However, as much as it had uses for PvP, it had plenty of uses for Building too.
When helping construct my town in Bastion, I used it as a tool to reach the high areas I was building in. It was a really nice supportive ability for me to build faster. I liked that, and I knew other Dragoons that felt the same way. Of course, most builders either don't level a main class or they simply have more efficient building strategies, but I personally found it helpful in the building process.

The general "hate" the skill got was when chasing a Dragoon. It was often considered a "get out of jail free card" for PvP encounters, and that upset a lot of people. The warmup was introduced to combat this, and GrapplingHook was added as a potential counter to such an escape as well. There was steady progress in it's decline of "combat usefulness", yet people were crying too hard to even care.

I liked the skill, and I was making a conscious effort to please both sides of the fence. I won't say I accomplished that, but I was trying. Now it's gone, and apparently for a completely unrelated reason to why people wanted it gone to begin with--incompatibility with an yet-to-be-implemented planned feature.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
The only people that are going to want it back are the people that actually played Dragoon. It's a dragoon skill that has no benefit for any class other than the Dragoon. Saying that "everyone wants it back" or "most people are happy it's gone" is incorrect. If you are sad it's gone, you played dragoon. If you are happy it's gone, you probably didn't like fighting dragoons.

However, as much as it had uses for PvP, it had plenty of uses for Building too.
When helping construct my town in Bastion, I used it as a tool to reach the high areas I was building in. It was a really nice supportive ability for me to build faster. I liked that, and I knew other Dragoons that felt the same way. Of course, most builders either don't level a main class or they simply have more efficient building strategies, but I personally found it helpful in the building process.

The general "hate" the skill got was when chasing a Dragoon. It was often considered a "get out of jail free card" for PvP encounters, and that upset a lot of people. The warmup was introduced to combat this, and GrapplingHook was added as a potential counter to such an escape as well. There was steady progress in it's decline of "combat usefulness", yet people were crying too hard to even care.

I liked the skill, and I was making a conscious effort to please both sides of the fence. I won't say I accomplished that, but I was trying. Now it's gone, and apparently for a completely unrelated reason to why people wanted it gone to begin with--incompatibility with an yet-to-be-implemented planned feature.

I stated in my initial post that I don't play Dragoon...and I want it back. :p

The game deserves unique classes with signataure moves. This was the Goons.

With regard to adventures and the use of many of the skills that make the classes fun, I agree with @Delfofthebla.

-yav