• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bow enchantments

The new minecraft update has brought us bow enchantments, and eggs for every NPC. I don't really care about the eggs, but the bow enchantments are really sick. There is a video on youtube that shows all of them.

Flame - Fire arrows
Power - Increased power (looks hella op) :D
Infinity - Infinite arrows
Punch - Knocks enemy back 2 blocks a Level.

Im considering being a ranger now...

Troppics

Legacy Supporter 3
Yeah, if this is to implimented Rangers need some sort of nerf imo....

Power is freaking CRAZY..

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
I can only assume that for the sake of balance Kain will make the enchantments much less powerful than they are, or take some out. Like flame arrow would be taken out since we have a skill for that, power would be adjusted, infinite arrow would prolly be taken out or lessened to like three free stacks of arrows or something. Punch sounds pretty awesome as is, though.

As I said though I can only assume Kain will do that, but I am sure he will to keep things balanced and not over power ranger again, so I wouldn't switch right away =P although ranger is still an awesome class. Can't wait to see my bow all super glowing like that.

I would suggest you keep the flame\punch\infinate enchantment... Enchanters need more perks. Bows degrade anyways.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
I would suggest you keep the flame\punch\infinate enchantment... Enchanters need more perks. Bows degrade anyways.

There is already a skill for fire arrow. Every single arrow you shoot being on fire is too OP, you could set a whole party of people on fire from afar in moments if your a good shot.

There is already a skill for fire arrow. Every single arrow you shoot being on fire is too OP, you could set a whole party of people on fire from afar in moments if your a good shot.
You can do that with fireballs and if your close enough, enchanted swords.

zachimon

Legacy Supporter 7
My take on this is why give sword people enchantments but take out ranger's enchantments? My suggestion is to maybe tone down some of them but not remove any.

DarkStrider

Legacy Supporter 4
Enchantments are random, so the chances of getting ones like infinite arrows will most likely be very slim, ontop of that, a lot of people who are stating "Oh they get fire perk, they have a skill for that!"

Well, the swords can be enchanted with fire, and there's skills that allows for people to output fire attacks from their own weapons.

Either way, the only one I feel should be nerfed/removed, is the infinite arrows as that rendered summon arrow completely pointless.

zachimon

Legacy Supporter 7
Enchantments are random, so the chances of getting ones like infinite arrows will most likely be very slim, ontop of that, a lot of people who are stating "Oh they get fire perk, they have a skill for that!"

Well, the swords can be enchanted with fire, and there's skills that allows for people to output fire attacks from their own weapons.

Either way, the only one I feel should be nerfed/removed, is the infinite arrows as that rendered summon arrow completely pointless.
Not exactly, the chances of getting infinite are so low that you won't be able to replace it so easily if you die making it so that you wouldn't wanna waste one too often, and that's where summon arrow comes in

Will power actually do more DMG to players? or will it be like sharpness and only affect mobs? other than that its pretty much exactly like sword enchantments minus the specific mob type affinity enchantments and looting enchantment. Seems like a great addition!

zachimon

Legacy Supporter 7
Will power actually do more DMG to players? or will it be like sharpness and only affect mobs? other than that its pretty much exactly like sword enchantments minus the specific mob type affinity enchantments and looting enchantment. Seems like a great addition!
Exactly, I don't see why people rage and call this op, what was done to sword enchantments?