• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bounty Hunters

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
So here is my suggestion.

Since merchant is pretty much a dead profession (thanks to the market), lets replace it with bounty hunter. Bounty hunters would be the only ones allowed to accept bounties and their skill set would help them find their bounties.

Bounty Hunters would be unable to place bounties.

It will level off of mining and farming (learning the lay of the land) as well as pvp (at a lesser rate)

Here are the skills
1 Warp
1 Mark
1 Potion
1 Recall
1 Artisan crafter skills
1 Headhunter (bounty hunters will be the only players able to place heads/skulls)
5 Rookie Hunter (can only accept low bounties up to 200)
10 Farsight (fits thematically, sucks as a skill)
15 Seasoned Hunter (can accept medium bounties up to 600)
20 Heads Will Roll (at lvl 20 successful bounty kills will drop the players head, but not before)
25 Long Strider (adds 1 to 2 blocks to your tumble skill)
30 Expert Hunter (can accept high bounties up to 1000)
35 Gills
40 Ultravision
45 No Stone Unturned (breaking a block will tell you if you are near your target) medium cd
50 Track (within 300 blocks / change rangers to be within 50 so they are still useful) long cd
55 Master Hunter (can accept any amount bounty)
60 Spoils Go the Victor (deathchest times are halved if killed by a bounty hunter)

So the idea is that this can limit the noob killing during non war times in pve as players will actually have to be this profession to do such a thing. This also increases the value of heads since they wont be as easily obtainable. It also is a good trade off for people who want to be active bounty hunters as they wont be able to be one of the other crafting professions (although bounty hunting can be a pretty lucrative business).

I know its kind of a pvp oriented profession, but I don't see why that is so bad. It doesn't really change the fight in someones favor as much as it allows you to find the fight and profit from it.

Last edited:

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
I actually agree with this, seems well thought out. Would you level by killing people as well as the usual mining?
Yea I think pvp would be a good way to level it too, that way people who want to only pvp can have their cake and eat it too.

Malarb

ICE ICE ICE!
Well first off merchant is a pretty useful profession, just saying.

But do you realize how much worse bounties will become for hunting noobs. You are giving any combat class the ability to track and deathmark. So now you don't have to be squishy to track down people. Now they can bounty noobs and know exactly where they are. Pvp players don't really care to much about what profession, most just change it when needed. But now almost all pvpers will go this profession and it will make putting a bounty on a better pvper practically useless cause most people won't be able to accept them. This won't really limit the amount of killings during pve time but rather increase the number of bounties overall. Also this will inrease the abuse of the bounty system a bounty hunter can punch them once and they are the only ones that can claim the bounty, but thier party can still kill the combat tagged person thus not removing their bounty.

I believe the point of a bounty is to make sure you at danger at all times, now you can check /hero who bountyhunter and already know who can possibily attack you and avoid them or just bounty them.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
If any, the exp should only come from accepting and successfully killing a bountied player. Then again, it would just make it too "noob-targetty" so this prof. would just be broken and overused.