• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bounty Changes

Which suggestion should be the new bounty system?

• Suggestion 1

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Suggestion 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Suggestion 3

• Ohter (Leave a comment)

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • None

• Total voters

RagingDragon5

Portal
The issue I see with bounties right now is that the target is able to see that they have a bounty. Which wouldn't normally be a problem, but we have people who never leaves Spawn or their Undercity for the longest time so they can't get their bounty taken. I've seen people with bounties lasting weeks. Now with the pve world, that doesn't have any setbacks. people can now just do whatever they want there without having to go to the pvp world at all when they get bountied. I have multiple suggestions on how to improve this.

Suggestion 1: When somepne places a bounty on '/bounty list' it will show as '????? for 40s'. The way to find out on who it is bountied on is to pay the fee of accepting it. However, with this suggestion you won't know if you accept it on a friend or townie which will be a waste of 2s. I don't see this being a big setback since 2s is easy to get.

Suggestion 2: The bountied person won't see a notification of the placed bounty or their names on '/bounty list'. However, this is easy to get by becuase their friends will notify them when they get bountied, but there are times when people are on the server alone without having friends or townies on at the time of placement.

Suggestion 3: When someone places a bounty on 'bounty list' it will show as 'RagingDragon posted a bounty for 40s'. The way to find out who the bounty was placed on is to ask the person that placed it, then they can accept the bounty if they want to. The problem with this one is the person can lie to the other player.

In my opinion I think suggestion 1 is best.

Northac

Obsidian
How about a placed bounty flags the one it's placed on for pvp (including on the pve server)

Though I can kinda see this being abused some.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I do prefer suggestion 1 out of the 3 choices but how about rather than it being "?????" For 40 seconds. Why not have it so it is always that and only the player who took the bounty knows who their target is. This would reduce the risk of a fried telling the target or the target knowing it's them and hiding away in a bunker on PVE.

RagingDragon5

Portal
I do prefer suggestion 1 out of the 3 choices but how about rather than it being "?????" For 40 seconds. Why not have it so it is always that and only the player who took the bounty knows who their target is. This would reduce the risk of a fried telling the target or the target knowing it's them and hiding away in a bunker on PVE.

The s doesn't stand for seconds. It stands for souls: how much the bounty is worth.

Last edited:

Tjundis

ICE ICE ICE!
Edit:Raging beat me to the correction :p

The problem with even #1, is that if someone is curious to find out if the bounty is on their friend, they'll easily pay 2s to find out. It's probably a bit complicated to manipulate in the manner I'm about to suggest, but it would probably be better if the bounty only appeared to those not from the target's town.

It's a tough problem to fix, I think.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Oh, well my excuse is that it's late! Ha, but on a serious note I do hope a solution is put in place to encourage more bounties being placed

RagingDragon5

Portal
Edit:Raging beat me to the correction :p

The problem with even #1, is that if someone is curious to find out if the bounty is on their friend, they'll easily pay 2s to find out. It's probably a bit complicated to manipulate in the manner I'm about to suggest, but it would probably be better if the bounty only appeared to those not from the target's town.

It's a tough problem to fix, I think.

That is a good idea, but I'm not sure if it will be a hassle to code. Also that means it would have to also not show it to the people in the same clan, which will make it more difficult I presume. Another option I see is to raise the acceptance fee to stop players from doing that, which I don't know if it is a good idea.