• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Bonespear Speed

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
Recently as of 5.3 (months ago) the projectile speed of bonespear was decreased. Just noticed today on Sanctuary (PvE server) that the speed was even slower than it was after the 5.3 patch.
Is this a bug or has the speed been decreased even further?
Video for refrence

@jazza411 was the one who brought this to my attention

Last edited:

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
The video is somewhat better than it was last night when the server was laggier. Ulti could hit a mob as he bonespeared and it would keep getting hit by the other explosions as Ulti knocked it back.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Any ability that has a dynamic or delayed instant action is likely to be greatly affected by lag. If the server is not performing very well, you are going to see a lot of stuff work inaccurately or slow down considerably.

Possible affected abilities:
Bonespear
Dragonsbreath
Lunge
FlyingKick
Darkbolt
Web
Fireblast
Blink
Earthwall
Forcepush
Forcepull
Shuriken
GrapplingHook
IceVolley
AimedShot

And probably a few more that I just cannot remember at the moment.

There is not much you can do about it, as these skills rely on specifically timed actions in order to function. (Forcepush for instance, pushes you up, waits a fraction of a second, and THEN pushes you away.) If the server is unable to process these timed actions in a...timely manner, you will see them occur more slowly, resulting in decreased effectiveness or more easily dodgable projectiles. It is an unfortunate limitation we are forced to deal with.

However this is not much different than how vanilla Minecraft itself handles lag. You ever try to throw an enderpearl when we're at 4 TPS? It's pretty awful.

Lag in Minecraft is one of the most aggravating experiences I've ever had, and Mojang is unlikely ever going to handle it any better. Meaning it's here to stay for HC abilities as well.

Last edited:

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
yep, 10 hour xp boost on sever reset = mobs start moving more slowly and certain abilities act wonky.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
It's been slow for some time. I wonder if the animation can be simplified a bit and perhaps that will help? The speed deserves to at least to be able to outrun the person casting it when that necro is at a run.

-yav