• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Boats.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Since 1.5 I have noticed that boats are really buggy. Placing the boat in water works fine, getting in works fine, but when you try to move forward, it doesn't look like you're moving. You just sit in the same spot. However, if you keep holding "forward" your boat will eventually crash into something and you will be teleported to the crash site and you will get all the sticks/planks.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Still investigating - libigot team thinks its Nocheat causing it - will have to rip it out on test and see if it still happens.

madpear

Legacy Supporter 5
Any luck? This is reaaaalllly making life difficult in Warshard.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
None thus far. gabizou can you test without Nocheatplus installed on test to see if it still happens? we need to try and pin point where/why this is happening.
Yeah, I need to make a list of stuff I need to do.

The same thing happens for me but i find just hitting your boat with a fist once helps it get moving and fixes the lag. Everytime the boat freezes just punch it once and it should get back to normal. It works for me.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
The same thing happens for me but i find just hitting your boat with a fist once helps it get moving and fixes the lag. Everytime the boat freezes just punch it once and it should get back to normal. It works for me.
yeah, I have a feeling it's nocheat's boat calculations being all derpy when sending to the client as the client is really the one perceiving movement (the server can only limit where you are at any given time)

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Ever test this? haha.
Haven't had the chance or time to figure out how NC handles the boat processing. It's a funny bug because if the client doesn't do anything, the boat according to the server still will throw a collision event and "teleport" the player on the surface, all according to the client. So somewhere there's some miscommunication.