• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Boats and Damage

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
How do you knock someone out of a boat? I have been in this situation multiple times: Player A gets into a boat. Player B hits Player A with some kind of damage (I can confirm that this has happened with arrows, botls, and fireballs). Player A stays in the boat and doesn't even appear to take damage.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I have been knocked off boats from damage sometimes, other times i was not. Will try and test this tonight and see if can figure out how it is working exactly. It may be that left click / melee damage sources will destroy boats, but hero / ability damage sources will not, but dont want to speculate too much without testing a bit.

EnLight707

Legacy Supporter 2
Earlier when you and a ranger were chasing me when I was in a boat I was hit by an arrow and took damage. If he hit the boat, I think it would have destroyed it but i'm not sure. All I know was that I was scared shitless rofl

dast101

Legacy Supporter 3
Earlier when you and a ranger were chasing me when I was in a boat I was hit by an arrow and took damage. If he hit the boat, I think it would have destroyed it but i'm not sure. All I know was that I was scared shitless rofl
Yup, boats can be destroyed by fireballs, arrows and i do belive bolts work if you get one off.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Yea - I was referencing that event, but I will say it has happened to me multiple times before. I do have a video from today of us hitting you with a Megabolt after you got in the boat, and @madpear says he hit you with an arrow (he heard the plink sound) after you were in the boat. I thought I had hit you with a fireball, but after close review of the video evidence, I missed you by a hair.

I may be wrong, but I think it used to be much easier to break the boat. Or - if the user takes damage, they at least get kicked out of the boat.

I was also part of an engagement a couple weeks ago where this dude was in a boat and basically running circles around me and a dragoon in the water while we repeatedly struck him with skills and left-click damage. It also seemed like most of the skills didn't even damage him while he was in the boat. The situation was super derp, and it was one of those glaring "this is broken" moments.

0ysterb0y

Legacy Supporter 3
Boats are so derp xD i think anything in normal mincraft that will break a boat will break it in hc so arrows left click snowballs and fireworks? Maybe?

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Boats are so derp xD i think anything in normal mincraft that will break a boat will break it in hc so arrows left click snowballs and fireworks? Maybe?
Snowballs? Gotta start carrying a stack of those. OR the devs could make it so that if the rider is damaged, they are kicked from the boat.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
yeah tested last night, left click melee or hero skill abilities that are not projectile based will not break boat. They do however deal damage to person in boat.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
It needs to be a projectile or some kind
yeah tested last night, left click melee or hero skill abilities that are not projectile based will not break boat. They do however deal damage to person in boat.
Wait a sec - are y'all saying that if the PERSON in the boat gets hit, the boat should break or that if the BOAT gets hit that the boat should break?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Wait a sec - are y'all saying that if the PERSON in the boat gets hit, the boat should break or that if the BOAT gets hit that the boat should break?
boat gets hit