• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bloodmage

deadandown

Legacy Supporter 3
Bloodmages need a buff bad! If I use drainsoul (my level 1 skill) with full health I take damage. Drainsoul also has a longer CD and shorter range than smite which automatically puts us at a disadvantage against other healers. Our bandage CD is raised from the base healer class, how do you get worse at a skill when you progress? And we dont get a good heal until lvl 50, this is a healer class. Steal Essence is pretty much useless since hardly anybody uses buffs and its pretty much lucky chance to use the skill and it uses mana so why bother? I think a Bloodmage should get the skill become death also it would put us on par with the other "dark" classes since DK and NECRO both have it. I think a new skill is in order for this horrible class, It is called HeartAttack It does 12 damage and stuns for 4 seconds. My suggestion is rid of StealEssence and put chant at 30 and give HeartAttack at 50, or 55 and move SoulLeech to 50. Along with this addition and restoring bandage to the way it was before you specd, and giving drainsoul a 5 sec cooldown and a fix on the damage taken when at full health, bloodmage will be able to compete with the disciples and casters in pvp

Sleaker

Retired Staff
Bloodmage isn't an undead stylized class. So they wont get BecomeDeath.
We really have other plans for them than creating more active skills.

Aetosion

Obsidian
Bloodmages self mutilate to give their life force to others. They're not a dark/undead class, more a 'twisted light' one. Giving them too strong an attack to make them more viable in combat than other non-healer ranged classes could be a mistake, since they have insanely tanky health.

deadandown

Legacy Supporter 3
yes but they are sooooooooo bad, and really need a buff and something to help them compete with disciples and casters

Aetosion

Obsidian
Perhaps add an attack like.. Whoever has it- to inflict a percentage based amount of damage they've taken, onto their opponent. Seems bloomagey to me.

duco232

TNT
It is a bloodmage, so you'll have to think about blood or something.

Blood transports oxigen, if the blood stops flowing, your organs don't get enough oxigen. That would make a good skill I think, make the bloodflow stop, for 4 seconds Maybe. The target will take suffocation damage.

teddytazer

Soulsand
Drainsoul used to heal for 10hp.. this was a problem cause dreadknights used to use it for op'ness. so they took it away from DK's. then they gave it to bloodmages. It's still a LVL 30! necromancer spell.. I think it could use a buff to make both the bloodmage a lil better. and to give necros some surivability. Cause I dont know bout u but both necromancers and bloodmages should be a lil harder to kill.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
You guys should bump the old threads instead of creating new ones, that way things don't get so cluttered :p

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
Okay, I was about to make my own thread for this, but I'll squash it into here.
I agree with some of your stuff, but disagree with other bits. I've been messing around with Bloodmage on the test server here and there and I have bits of feedback, being a level 1 bloodmage myself and eventually planning to master it.

Bloodmage, like you said, needs a bit of a buff - but it isn't as worthless as you put it out to be. So...
It's colourful time! :D

Skills that need tweaking:

- Syphon: Bloodmages are a healer class. While syphon is very pretty, it just doesn't do enough at the moment, and it actually grants the caster slightly more health than it takes when used on self, which shouldn't be possible at all. It would be nice to see syphon become an ability that can only heal other users, as I believe it was first intended, and then to remove the cooldown entirely so bloodmages can transfer large amounts of hp from themselves to a party member with ease, making healing others much easier . Mana cost hanging around 10% and a total of 5hp transferred from the caster to the target is fine, so that Bloodmages can transfer a maximum of 50 before having to wait for the mana to regenerate. (Update to this: I just noticed that Bloodmages don't have Syphon right now. Bring it back.)

- Drainsoul: Bloodcasting hp loss makes drainsoul slightly pointless as far as draining that hp goes. As deadandown said, it's inferior to smite because of its lower range and higher CD when compared to smite. I supported smite's removal from the Bloodmage's arsenal, as having both was silly, but drainsoul does need to be able to qualify with smite offensively.

- Skills that need removal or a lot of changes:

- Bandage [Bloodmage version]: As mentioned with syphon, bloodmages are a HEALER class. At the moment, bandage has been nerfed to very long cooldown for the bloodmage to discourage bandaging in combat (According to Multi). While the idea of this is sensible enough, bloodmages do need to heal themselves away from combat, as well as healing other users a respectable amount. Waiting 16 seconds for bandage to be used is annoying, and if syphon were tweaked and another non-combat heal provided, bandage isn't really needed anymore for a healer class. After all, they forgot smite, so they could forget how to bandage too.

- Skills that make me want to hug you. Don't eat them.

- Transfuse. I love you, Multi.
- Soulleech. I love you, Kain.
- Stealessence. I believe this is actually a fairly useful skill and I do see people use buffs pretty commonly.
- Chant. We needed a heal that was worth using. This is it.

- Skills ideas to improve that Bloodmage thing. Yay!

Skillname: Relief
Cooldown: 40 Seconds
Duration: 30 Seconds
Reagent: None
Rampup Time: Same as original Bandage
Mana Cost: 75%
Effect: Caster heals {amount} health points per second for 30 seconds, restoring most of the Bloodmage's health, but is rooted while healing. Breaks if user is damaged, but if this happens, the mana is still lost.
Notes: Root and break prevents use in combat unless you're a complete idiot. Effectively keeps you healed away from combat. Probably needs some tweaking to make it less godlike, but the concept is basically to be able to heal yourself easily away from combat without the use of bandage, which is supposedly removed.

Skillname: Love [I know, I'm corny]
Cooldown: Several long hours
Duration: 60 seconds
Reagent: Red Rose
Rampup Time: 10 seconds (Mostly to give you an opportunity to break the rampup if you accidentally used it)
Mana Cost: 100%
Effect: Caster loses 10 hp every second to give target (Party member) invulnerability. If caster is killed or the 60 seconds are up, target becomes vulnerable once more.
Notes: Caster isn't expected to survive the 60 seconds. This isn't something urgently needed, just a skill that would be unique and interesting and reflect the Bloodmage's nature in my eyes.

Skillname: Bloodcasting [PASSIVE]
Cooldown: Five Seconds per toggle
Duration: Passive
Reagent: None
Rampup Time: None
Mana Cost: Not applicable
Effect: Switches Bloodcasting on or off. While on (Which is the current Bloodmage default), mana costs of abilities are reduced, but they cost more hp than usual to be used. While off, mana costs are increased but hp will not be lost.
Notes: Bloodcasting can get VERY annoying. It'd be nice to be able to turn it off.

Skillname: Inflection
Cooldown: 60 Seconds
Duration: 15 seconds
Reagent: Flint
Rampup Time: None
Mana Cost: 50%
Effect: All physical hits made by caster within next 15 seconds will grant 5 hp to caster and nearby party members. However, caster is silenced during this time.

That's all of my boring ideas for now ;P Feel free to give feedback or add things.
Bloodmage is a good class, it's just that the recent buffs and nerfs to it have changed it a lot to make it slightly erky. With some tweaks, it'll be fine.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
I like your ideas Shadownub
Anyways, here's a suggestion of mine from a previous thread:
The way I think of bloodmages, they are vampiric healer-caster hybrids. Their spells that deal dmg should cost mana (and maybe some health too) and not do too much dmg, but should drain little amounts of hp instead. Their healing spells (which they should have the most of, compared to dmg spells) should cost health.

Lvl 1-
Blood Transfer (variant to bandage): Sacrifice 4 hp to give target 8 hp, no reagent, 1 second warmup, cannot be used on the caster

Scan (same one in place)

Siphon (unlike the current syphon): cause bleeding on target for 1 dmg per second for 10 seconds (10 dmg) and replenish 1 hp per 2 seconds (5 hp), costs 20 mana, 7 second cool down

Lvl 10-
Purge (variant to dispel): breaks all overtime spells on target and cures poison, costs 7 hp, 2 second cool down

Lvl 15-
Bodily Sustenance: Converts 50 mana to 20 hp, 30 second cool down

Lvl 20-
Rain Blood: Heals party members for 10 hp, and slows enemies within a 15-20 block radius for as long as they are in the spell's area of effect, costs 25 hp, 120 second cool down (if possible, creates rain and puts out fire)
The Level this skill is unlocked can possibly be switched

Lvl 30-
Silence: same one that blood mage already has, costs 7 hp and 1 mana, 7 second cooldown

Lvl 40-
Drainsoul: can be tweaked, no clue how this needs to be changed atm

Lvl 50-
Passive skill: Sapping Scythe: Whenever you hit an enemy with a golden hoe, it replenishes 2 hp and 2 mana.

Lvl 54-
Soul Leech: For 15 seconds, your target takes 5 damage every 3 seconds (25 dmg) and you gain 110% of the dmg as hp (about 27 hp), costs 20 mana and 12 health, 30 second cool down.

Lvl 55-
Bloody Execution: For 20 seconds, if you or a party member kill an enemy, 20 hp and 20 mana are replenished to you and party members withing a reasonable radius (per kill), costs 20 mana and 15 hp, 5 second warmup and cannot be casted while in effect.
________________________________________________________________________________
This is one of the first times I have 'played' around with a caster or healer, so if this seems too powerful, too weak, or impossible to pull off, just tell me.