• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bloodmage - CHANT CHANT CHANT CHANT

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
So yeah main Idea (as you can see in title) is.............................................. BRING BACK CHANT :D (I mean maybe a nerfed version or something) Bloodmage is a better place then people think and is one of the only classes that can counter paladin pretty nicely atm, so my idea is to change Bloodgift back to Chant (or it mighta been pray but it would be named chant :p) But instead of the old Pink fireworks make the fireworks Black and red Like the bm is chanting a demonic thing..... if this happened it would probs have to heal basicly how bloodgift heals now but a little less and (of course) have self heal reduction.... if this Happened Bloodmages damage would (as you can all guess) have to be reduced....

Tyvm For taking the time to read this.

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
So yeah main Idea (as you can see in title) is.............................................. BRING BACK CHANT :D (I mean maybe a nerfed version or something) Bloodmage is a better place then people think and is one of the only classes that can counter paladin pretty nicely atm, so my idea is to change Bloodgift back to Chant (or it mighta been pray but it would be named chant :p) But instead of the old Pink fireworks make the fireworks Black and red Like the bm is chanting a demonic thing..... if this happened it would probs have to heal basicly how bloodgift heals now but a little less and (of course) have self heal reduction.... if this Happened Bloodmages damage would (as you can all guess) have to be reduced....

I think that if Bloodmage were to gain a skill, its current skills would need to be nerfed.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5

I think that if Bloodmage were to gain a skill, its current skills would need to be nerfed.

PewPewPewLasers

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
TBH I like Bloodmage how it is, but people complain they cant heal?
I personally don't think Chant is needed for Bloodmage right now, the class already has enough kiting power and sustain how it is right now. I understand that the other skills would be nerfed but i just dont think it's needed.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
I personally don't think Chant is needed for Bloodmage right now, the class already has enough kiting power and sustain how it is right now. I understand that the other skills would be nerfed but i just dont think it's needed.
Well it obviously needs something.

MajDeath

Portal
the class already has enough kiting power
What kiting power does a class have where -
1. Almost all skills have a warm up.
2. No skills give mobility unless you Stealessence it from a bard.
3. A highly unreliable skill called Thickenblood that MAY force your target to walk for half a second.

Last edited:

PewPewPewLasers

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
What kiting power does a class have where -
1. Almost all skills have a warm up.
2. No skills give mobility unless you Stealessence it from a bard.
3. A highly unreliable skill called Thickenblood that MAY force your target to walk for half a second.
Because bloodmage has been bad for an exceptionally bad time you seem to be biased towards the class thinking it can never be strong. Bloodmage has enough range to deal with most classes. Kiting in Herocraft is not hard. You turn around, target a skill, then run away (not the tactic I use but im going with the general idea) spells naturally have a knockback on them, so if someone if catching up you break their sprint and push them back a small amount. The warmup on the skills and the slow aren't strong enough to prevent this. Thickenblood is not an unreliable skill. You dont use it to prevent sprinting necessarily. As soon as you use it and they use a skill on you their stamina is gone. Take this chance to get your skills in. Someone starts to catch up to you, you can also just punch them away. Not a very advanced tactic but sure as hell is useful. In a teamfight scenario, I see too many people randomly running into the middle thinking they will do the mega AoEs and get focused down to hell. Because Bloodmage is so underplayed when it starts to get strong nobody knows what to do with it (this is in no way directed towards you). As a bloodmage, it is easy to 1v1 warriors casters and rogues (ranger being the hardest due to the range). Warriors can be kited, as can rogues with slightly more risk, and casters you just need to jump around so they miss skills. Healers are a pain due to the lack of burst from bloodmage and the ability to no longer steal heals (unless this was reimplimented).

I understand that bloodmage is your class and in no way do I want to take that from you, I just think I should challenge your points seeing as I have some experience with the class as well.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Bloodmage is really strong in the hands of capable pvpers with its current implementation. Like Ranger or cleric, it takes decent lag to be able to kite while doing DPS/effectively managing warm-ups.

MajDeath

Portal
Because bloodmage has been bad for an exceptionally bad time you seem to be biased towards the class thinking it can never be strong. Bloodmage has enough range to deal with most classes. Kiting in Herocraft is not hard. You turn around, target a skill, then run away (not the tactic I use but im going with the general idea) spells naturally have a knockback on them, so if someone if catching up you break their sprint and push them back a small amount. The warmup on the skills and the slow aren't strong enough to prevent this. Thickenblood is not an unreliable skill. You dont use it to prevent sprinting necessarily. As soon as you use it and they use a skill on you their stamina is gone. Take this chance to get your skills in. Someone starts to catch up to you, you can also just punch them away. Not a very advanced tactic but sure as hell is useful. In a teamfight scenario, I see too many people randomly running into the middle thinking they will do the mega AoEs and get focused down to hell. Because Bloodmage is so underplayed when it starts to get strong nobody knows what to do with it (this is in no way directed towards you). As a bloodmage, it is easy to 1v1 warriors casters and rogues (ranger being the hardest due to the range). Warriors can be kited, as can rogues with slightly more risk, and casters you just need to jump around so they miss skills. Healers are a pain due to the lack of burst from bloodmage and the ability to no longer steal heals (unless this was reimplimented).

I understand that bloodmage is your class and in no way do I want to take that from you, I just think I should challenge your points seeing as I have some experience with the class as well.
Not even going to bother reading that beyond "Because bloodmage has been bad for an exceptionally bad time you seem to be biased towards the class thinking it can never be strong." I was not saying it was bad or anything like that, i'm just saying compared to any other class and the fact that they all have mobility skills Bloodmage has HORRIBLE kiting. I kite fine with Bloodmage, and I've never thought Bloodmage to be "bad". Vanilla kiting OP.

To be honest I don't really see what kiting has to do with healing.

PewPewPewLasers

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Not even going to bother reading that beyond "Because bloodmage has been bad for an exceptionally bad time you seem to be biased towards the class thinking it can never be strong." I was not saying it was bad or anything like that, i'm just saying compared to any other class and the fact that they all have mobility skills Bloodmage has HORRIBLE kiting. I kite fine with Bloodmage, and I've never thought Bloodmage to be "bad". Vanilla kiting OP.
Im not basing my sentence on your post, I'm basing it off your in game attitude towards the class. I understand what you're trying to say it just seems as if you never have anything positive to say about the class.

MajDeath

Portal
Im not basing my sentence on your post, I'm basing it off your in game attitude towards the class. I understand what you're trying to say it just seems as if you never have anything positive to say about the class.
Oh, I have not really done that in a while, but that's just me being an ass trying to stop half the server from becoming Bloodmage.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Thicken Blood while warriors/rogues warm up their skills is a really god tactic. bloodmage is really fun. Even though it was thought to be very weak I still liked pvping with bloodmage It was one of my top classes. (druid, disciple,beguiler,bloodmage, and cleric) As @PewPewPewLasers its really strong in the right hands I mean its no secret im not that great with it but its still fun. I'm just suggesting this due to people hatin on bm's heals (for being a healer) tbh I think someone "Better" with the class should look at this not saying Pew and @nonamemajdeath are not good but its just I havnt seen pew or nona fight with it in a while where as SOME PLAYERS HAVE

*COUGH* @Leo2596 *COUGH*

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Just going to say this, the things that Bloodmage's skills do are fine and just the costs/cooldowns need to be adjusted for a few skills. Honestly if a new skill were to be introduced to the class it should probably be an aoe heal.

Move Bloodmage to caster/mage section and throw Shaman into Healer maybe? :)

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
Just going to say this, the things that Bloodmage's skills do are fine and just the costs/cooldowns need to be adjusted for a few skills. Honestly if a new skill were to be introduced to the class it should probably be an aoe heal.

Move Bloodmage to caster/mage section and throw Shaman into Healer maybe? :)

I'm pretty sure Shaman is a healer in-game, it's just the wiki that says it's a caster.