• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Blocks next to redstone torches are breaking

Morningstar42

Glowing Redstone
I'm seeing blocks break next to redstone torches when you place the torch. No idea what might be causing it, but I've seen it in several places, and it's not always the same block that breaks.

This is a new issue as of the 1.4 update. It also happened when Kainzo was trying to enable logging in with 1.3 and 1.4 clients a week or so ago.

dragonzero39

Legacy Supporter 7
We have some blocks of wool in Mineris that are placed near or next to wool. Never noticed anything out of the ordinary. Maybe a region bug or flag setting that is causing issues? This is just a simple vanilla possibility, but wanted to try and help.

Morningstar42

Glowing Redstone
I forgot to add, this also happened in the same spots, the day that Kainzo tried to make logins work for both 1.3 and 1.4 clients. It appears to be some sort of bug with 1.4.

It can be blocks to the side of, or even underneath the torch can break when you place it.

I've been told it's not just redstone torches, but any torch that can cause this problem.

Northac

Obsidian
I've come across an issue with redstone torches as well, seems to lag when you have it set with a switch. started after the update. not sure why

Morningstar42

Glowing Redstone
I noticed terrible lag with redstone repeaters/inverters when the server first came up on 1.4, and it was kinda intermittent for a while, but it mostly seems better at this time. I haven't tested extensively though. The main thing that is bugging me so far is that around 1/10 times I place a redstone torch, a block next to or below the torch breaks, and even though I see the break animation, the object disappears and is not recoverable.

Northac

Obsidian
the lag issue seems to have smoothed out, I havent seen the block breaking thing tho

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I believe this is an issue with 1.4 and should be resolved in 1.4.3 / 1.5 - sorry there isnt much we can do about this one.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
I believe this is an issue with 1.4 and should be resolved in 1.4.3 / 1.5 - sorry there isnt much we can do about this one.
Very well, we'll just have to wait for 1.4.3, which should be pretty soon actually.