• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Block 50% on Swords

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Swords block 50% which is a little unfair to classes that don't use swords like dragoons I mean if a pally blocks with his sword he is taking 40 damage per hit which is insane I would like it to be fixed before the tournament. Thank you

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
How is this a bug? Also, blocking with swords makes you slow, which means you cant dodge any hits, and from what I have heard, skills arent affected by it.

A

alexhoff1

I agree, add blocking in for spades or something.

The way I see it,
Player A. has a sword, and will hit well blocking.
Player B. has a spade, and does minimal damage well the opponent, player A, can block AND hit at the same time, thus taking half damage and destroying his target.

BulkPhase

Obsidian
Not sure why this is listed as a bug and not as a suggestion but swords are meant to block damage because it reduces their speed, doesn't allow them to swing and reduces their vision with a sword in their screen. I'm almost positive it's impossible to make spades block so that's out of the question, but possibly a reduction on the damage for blocking could work. I think swords should block damage, but not more than a shield. If a paladin has an iron shield out the sword blocks more than the shield, lol.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Not sure why this is listed as a bug and not as a suggestion but swords are meant to block damage because it reduces their speed, doesn't allow them to swing and reduces their vision with a sword in their screen. I'm almost positive it's impossible to make spades block so that's out of the question, but possibly a reduction on the damage for blocking could work. I think swords should block damage, but not more than a shield. If a paladin has an iron shield out the sword blocks more than the shield, lol.

Kainzo I'm sorry to say but the sword blocking your screen is minimal and if you know how to pvp you just spam hit and block at the same time it's very easy so they yea it's not hard at all. Speed isn't a problem when if someone attacks you first they think that you could be low when you are taking 50% less damage ad then they realize there going to die... Plus why would you block when your running after someone the speed doesn't affect anything

bfittipaldi

Legacy Supporter 7
One other thing is that you can cast while blocking. For example i was pvping earlier today and a wizard cast bolt on me while he was blocking and since he has blink and he doesn't really use melee damage the slow of the block didn't affect him.

Kainzo I'm sorry to say but the sword blocking your screen is minimal and if you know how to pvp you just spam hit and block at the same time it's very easy so they yea it's not hard at all. Speed isn't a problem when if someone attacks you first they think that you could be low when you are taking 50% less damage ad then they realize there going to die... Plus why would you block when your running after someone the speed doesn't affect anything

Not true, when you spam block and hit it doesn't register as a block at all. People, including me just does it because my fingers click super fast allowing me to get insane combos and also while jumping spamming it.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Cool I didn't know blocking mitigated damage.

Are we trying to implement blocking for non-sword wieders?

There IS a convoluted way to have a melee weapon that blocks in world pvp as a Non-Sword spec, if you roll Smith and carry a sword, and you can switch between it and your primary if you need to run away from a bursting opponent.