• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Blacmonte's Ban

Blacmonte

Coal
IGN: Blacmonte
Banned by: Angyles
Time of ban: 1/7/13 5:00 PM
Reason for ban: Griefing - A tower?

Your story:
I was recently received a temporary ban for 3 days. This was supposedly for my griefing of a tower. However I have not to my knowledge griefed by means of destroying blocks any tower recently. Yesterday, I did however with a friend of mine go out to steal supplies to help fund the gearing of our two heroes. During this time we did indeed steal from a town and a personal residence. However though we did so only from chests which were not protected and without the use of any type of hack. All was done using what the game provided us with and so should be allowed as stated per your rules. The only block in which I removed were those which I deemed "rare" which were lapiz lazuli blocks. For which we found to be very valuable as they could be sold for a reasonable price. Even enough so as to purchase armor for ourselves which is what our original intentions were.

If this is truly a "HARDCORE PVP" server that allows "stealing" then it would be in my mind highly unacceptable to ban someone (even if only temporarily) for doing what is permitted of them. We stole in an area that was not protected! And from chests that had no locks. It never occurred to me that during this time we ever broke one of the rules. Especially since I have myself read them carefully.

Quoted directly from your wiki stating your rules.
The following actions are permitted:

• Trading is allowed anywhere on the map, including Spawn.
  • Looting chests.
    • You may loot a chest anywhere.
      • To clarify, you may steal from noble plots.
  • Looting a player's corpse.
  • Destruction of rare blocks outside of towns and Spawn.
    • Rare blocks consist of diamond, gold, emerald, cracked-stone brick and mossy stonebricks.
  • Pvp is legal everywhere except inside some parts of Spawn and areas marked as no-pvp.
    • Chasing someone who is PVP tagged as they run into said areas is not covered by this rule.
  • Use Enderpearls and Blink to travel through small holes
  • Use of any functions of any Hero skills is allowed.
    • If any unwanted effects of a skill is observed, the skill will be removed or recoded. Otherwise, it is legal.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Stealing is permitted. What you did was not stealing as I have you removing blocks from the top of a structure that you did not own. Because of the past history of this account on the server, the punishment was increased from a warning to a ban.

You will be unbanned in three days.

Blacmonte

Coal
I do not wish to argue on this issue with you. But I will dispute it. I removed said blocks to get to a chest. The blocks then fell into the the structure which was protected, though the blocks I removed were not. Therefore I could not get into the structure to replace them. The blocks in question that I removed were on the top of an entrance that I believed I could get into. After removing the blocks ( at which point they fell down into the entrance ) I tried to go down to retrieve them as well as loot the chests I was blocked by a post. Which as we know can often block areas that they do not look like they are present in due to the 1/2 a block clearance of the posts.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Fact of the matter is, your account has history with us in causing issues and you have been banned before. By definition what you did, removing the wool and not replacing the same block, was griefing you were issued the ban.

The ban will stay

Blacmonte

Coal
I'm sorry that you feel that way. Although I did to the best of my ability repair any damages that I could. The fact that you are keeping the ban in place because of history acquired over a year ago however is highly unprofessional. The fact is that I did whatever I could to remedy the situation, during the time of stealing it, and went about my business. It didn't leave a huge eye sore. It didn't irreparably damage the structure or even inconvenience anyone. I took something, the wool, which I had planned to steal. Then after determining the value of it wasn't of equal quality to what I could have I replaced what I could and repaired any damages I caused.

You can leave the ban in place if you truly feel that it is deserved even after I have gone above and beyond to fix and prove my situation is unjustified. Do realize however that this ban is highly unprofessional in my eyes and many people I have talked to about it as well.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Griefing
(Griefing Rules do not apply in warshard) Griefing may be defined as:
  • Destroying blocks in another player's structure.
    • Destroying blocks in pursuit of another player is acceptable if the blocks are replaced.
Hey look I can quote the wiki too!

If you break something in another players structure you must replace it. We don't care whether you have to use your own blocks or not just as long as you've left the structure how you found it.

Blacmonte

Coal
I replaced the blocks in question with wood blocks as I could not recover the blue wool that was previously there. This was stated earlier in my post. As you can see Danda I did follow the wiki's rules therefore your reference to the wiki is unneeded. Angyles is the one covering my case. I will respect her decision now but please don't feel the need to protect her over a matter I am clearly trying to resolve calmly.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I'm sorry that you feel that way. Although I did to the best of my ability repair any damages that I could. The fact that you are keeping the ban in place because of history acquired over a year ago however is highly unprofessional. The fact is that I did whatever I could to remedy the situation, during the time of stealing it, and went about my business. It didn't leave a huge eye sore. It didn't irreparably damage the structure or even inconvenience anyone. I took something, the wool, which I had planned to steal. Then after determining the value of it wasn't of equal quality to what I could have I replaced what I could and repaired any damages I caused.

You can leave the ban in place if you truly feel that it is deserved even after I have gone above and beyond to fix and prove my situation is unjustified. Do realize however that this ban is highly unprofessional in my eyes and many people I have talked to about it as well.

You have the right to feel anyway you wish,as do the other people you have spoken to. I was given the instructions to place the ban by Danda.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
If you'd have followed the rules you would have replaced the Blue wool with Blue wool and not wood. You must replace whatever you broke exactly as it was before you had arrived.

Blacmonte

Coal
Ok well that isn't clearly defined, as I have said over and over again "to the best of my ability". Nowhere on the wiki does it state with a block of the exact type.

But I withdraw now. Obviously speaking anymore on this matter isn't going to help my case. You have something against me so I'll just wait out my three days.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Ok well that isn't clearly defined, as I have said over and over again "to the best of my ability". Nowhere on the wiki does it state with a block of the exact type.

But I withdraw now. Obviously speaking anymore on this matter isn't going to help my case. You have something against me so I'll just wait out my three days.

I do not know you, so how can I have anything against you? You were treated the same way anyone would be treated who has a history on the server and griefed.

Logging into your friend's account and posting a petition to speak to a mod about the issue was not the brightest move as that is bypassing your ban.

Blacmonte

Coal
I simply wanted to explain my case thoroughly. I didn't rage on a petition and I didn't plan to. I simply wanted to speak with someone through IM so I could talk with them more easily and find out exactly what I was being accused of.