• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

BlackcatXIII's ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
IGN: BlackcatXIII
Banned by: @xstronghold
Time of ban: ~9:30 EST
Reason for ban: PvE Harrassment?
Your story:
I was walking through an unregioned town on my way to go mining in the PvE world. I stood still as I checked the livemap for where to go. I hear myself taking damage and quickly alt+tab back to minecraft to see I am being lavabucketted by lukevillani and a friend of his, without reason. So, I get a lava bucket of my own to defend myself.
I was banned on the spot without any prior warning or message by the players themselves, or strongholdx, the moderator who banned me. According to the rules this is not a bannable offense, because I was not obstructing the players from doing anything, and merely defending myself. I would like this ban lifted, and off of the records as well because I did not do anything against the rules. In the words of Nixon, I am not a crook. Thank you for your time.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Im going to take some things right from the rules here, word for word.

Server staff retain the right to kick, ban, or close access to any or all users of Herocraft Online Services at any time. The rules are constantly being updated, check back often.

• Harassment by preventing players from getting their chests/items will not be tolerated - this includes placing regions over areas that the player has protected, stored or tombstoned.
    • Offenders will be subject to fine and/or suspension depending on circumstance.

• Exceptions to this rule:
    • If a user trespasses in your house or building you own with malicious intent, you may use any force you deem necessary to protect your belongings
    • You may only attempt to kill them INSIDE your building (no chasing them across the map to kill)
    • The invader may not retaliate by trying to kill the owner
    • Trespassing in a user's house is your risk to take
The rules are fuzzy on towns but a house is simply an extension of a town and you were trespassing giving them right to lava you, according to the rules. Also according to the rules, as you can see, the invader may not retaliate - and you did. Are you going to stand by your plea that this was not a bannable offence?

• If a user trespasses in your house or building you own with malicious intent, you may use any force you deem necessary to protect your belongings
As stated before there was no malicious intent so yes, I am sticking by my claim that this is not ban worthy.

Edit: In addition, this was a huge unclaimed region of a semi-town, not an individual house. I was not near any chests or valuables, I was simply walking through to avoid a 500+ block walk around to go mining. Is that unreasonable?

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6

As stated before there was no malicious intent so yes, I am sticking by my claim that this is not ban worthy.
You only prove here that your attackers did not have the right to lava you, it does not change the fact that your retaliation was illegal which is what you were banned for. That being said I will admit I was perhaps hasty in my punishment.

Your suspension will be lifted but take care to know the rules. Using lava to harm a player for any reason other than home defense is illegal and will be treated as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.