• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Biome Environment Effects

c12095

Holy Shit!
Yeah but it sucks for the towns that wanted to make awesome buildings in set biomes. Take Paragon for example, we want to make an awesome looking desert city, which would be difficult to do under these conditions.

Not really, this would allow you to make awesome custom towns designed to withstand the harsh environments. I imagine a desert oasis town for any placed in a dessert biome. This would give an amazing feel to the game if it could happen and wouldn't penalize players, just make them play smarter.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Not really, this would allow you to make awesome custom towns designed to withstand the harsh environments. I imagine a desert oasis town for any placed in a dessert biome. This would give an amazing feel to the game if it could happen and wouldn't penalize players, just make them play smarter.

Wait, so you mean that if a town, in a desert, were to add some features to the land (such as an oasis/greenery), then the effects of the ''biome'' (damage, ect), would either decrease or go away?

c12095

Holy Shit!
Wait, so you mean that if a town, in a desert, were to add some features to the land (such as an oasis/greenery), then the effects of the ''biome'' (damage, ect), would either decrease or go away?

That's a good idea, however I ment that towns can still look beautiful, it would just require more effort, in this case, Risk vs reward.

Drastikos

Legacy Supporter 3
Would be sweet if we could have town upgrades that nil the negative effects of being in a biome.
Desert towns have a fountain, Snow town's have a central firepit (whatever you wanna call it), etc..

wouldnt it make more sense to make armor make you freeze faster? metal in the cold is colder than the air itself the exception with armor I think would be leather.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
I have a feeling I'd dislike being in these biomes taking all the random damage but the idea is great and if it can be implemented it totally should be, cuz you know its just awesome.

Kourne

Legacy Supporter 3
This sounds neat, but at the same time the developers will have a hard time to code something like this to go with the current Herocraft environment.
Trying to not get too excited about it, before the dev's have given their two cents though.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
I think I've necroed 4 dead threads today, I started at the waaaaaaaaaaaaay begging and went up xD