• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Beserker Class

How balanced do you think this would be?

• Total voters

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
Berserkers didn't use axes that much; they actually used spears more. In games, they tend to go with axes, that's true, so I can see where you got your insight from.

EDIT:

Actually, Udyr is very much like a berserker, but without weapons, as far as I know?

I know, i just saw that the skills were similar to udyrs and couldnt help saying it :p

Might I suggest that you could add more "hurting yourself" skills. A berserker is always taking risks for damage. So I would like to see a skill that makes you lose hp or stamina for increased damage. But also try to add more tactical skills. Like at least one or two.

Secondly I can't see a way to counter this class. Maybe just get a wizard to run around casting spells on it but it's tankyness with the iron chestplate will counter it. All the class have at least 1 or 2 classes that counters them.

Yeah, i have added a few more hurting yourself skills. As for tactical skills, well to be honest berserkers werent exactly the best at planning, or even thinking. I thought they would just kill mercylessly blinded by their rage. However, i think the shatter, frenzy and fearless skills are sort of tactical.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Yeah, i have added a few more hurting yourself skills. As for tactical skills, well to be honest berserkers werent exactly the best at planning, or even thinking. I thought they would just kill mercylessly blinded by their rage. However, i think the shatter, frenzy and fearless skills are sort of tactical.
Berserkers (Or atleast viking berserkers) drank tons of mead and sacrificed living animals to the norse gods before going into battle. This made them into a mentally unbalanced force with only one thing in mind, killing and damaging as many enemies as possible to honour the gods. Most likely a berserker wouldn't survive a large battle, but vikings always tried avoiding large battles but instead focused on breaking down the population trough terror and trade blockade. So a berserker would have small chances of surviving a large battle (But dishes out lots of damage before going down), but in smaller skirmishes he would be an effective force to terrorize the enemy troops and break down their moral so his chances of the berserker surviving would be significantly larger.

Note: Berserkers were chosen from the biggest, fiercest and strongest warriors amongst vikings so they would naturally have extreme offense capabilities, while still having the body strength to take a hit. However their armor would be minimal, or rather none at all.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Berserkers (Or atleast viking berserkers) drank tons of mead

No, they didn't just get as drunk as they could before fighting; though I can agree with the rest; (As far as I know, Vikings were the first beserkers anyway).
Maybe they did drink loads of mead, but it was drugged to make them go on a rampage easier. Sometimes they even drank a soup made with poisonous mushrooms, that when mixed the right way (which was rare), they wouldn't die; and they'd go in a rampage.
They COULD also have worked themselves in a rage, though I have nothing on this.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
No, they didn't just get as drunk as they could before fighting; though I can agree with the rest; (As far as I know, Vikings were the first beserkers anyway).
Maybe they did drink loads of mead, but it was drugged to make them go on a rampage easier. Sometimes they even drank a soup made with poisonous mushrooms, that when mixed the right way (which was rare), they wouldn't die; and they'd go in a rampage.
They COULD also have worked themselves in a rage, though I have nothing on this.

Yeah the mead they drank was mixed with something, however I don't remember what so I didn't mention it.

And no, germanic tribes used berserkers before the Vikings, but berserkers are much better documentated during the viking ages since vikings was a much more civilized people than the barbaric tribes of central europe.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
What's important for suggestions like these are not numbers, but concepts / generalizations of what the numbers could or should be. Just throwing that out there.

For these kinds of things, any numbers posted are typically off the mark by a good amount, and require further fine-tuning to reach a proper balance.

As far as the skills themselves go, I agree with some, disagree with others. The Shatter skill is..interesting, but I'm not sure if we can do that properly. I kinda like the idea, but I'm not sure if I'd actually place that on Berserker--I think I'd prefer to add it to another class if I were to add it.

One thing I definitely am not interested in is adding pets to the class. I see where you are coming from with it, but I feel as though that makes them to "beastmaster / beastlord" esque. In all honesty, I feel as though your Berserker is half Berserker, half Beastlord. Definitely not a bad thing, but it's just different than what I would do things.
Do you think the Strangle (AKA Asphyxiate) ability he suggested could be coded, perhaps for a different class?

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Do you think the Strangle (AKA Asphyxiate) ability he suggested could be coded, perhaps for a different class?
Yeah, it wouldn't be very hard to create, and it's kind of cool. If I was going to add it though, I think it fits best with Berserker, as he originally suggested.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Yeah, it wouldn't be very hard to create, and it's kind of cool. If I was going to add it though, I think it fits best with Berserker, as he originally suggested.

If berserker was added would it become it's own path? Ex)Healers, Rogues..etc

Maybe it could be a new path with a "mini" berserker next to the 4 basics and then have the specs be different "versions" of berserker. Disciple could be moved into that path as a "healer berserker" and a new healer class could be added to replace it.

Just random ideas.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
If berserker was added would it become it's own path? Ex)Healers, Rogues..etc

Maybe it could be a new path with a "mini" berserker next to the 4 basics and then have the specs be different "versions" of berserker. Disciple could be moved into that path as a "healer berserker" and a new healer class could be added to replace it.

Just random ideas.
There's no way I'm creating 4 different Berserkers.

u craZy.