• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Beguilers Nerf

AdamForte649

Legacy Supporter 6
So many people are saying beguiler needs a big nerf, and it does. So as you know I made a druid suggestion earlier and that didn't go to well so I hope you like these ideas. @Kainzo

1. I say we put a cooldown on Plaguebomb so you can't kite and drop one, The cooldown should be the same length as pulse.

2. As beguiler is "Master of Illusions" It should have Blink and Flicker

3. If things get really out of hand I say we take out piggify and put the cooldown shorter on masspiggify. (Remember this is if bad things go out of hand and beguiler is still Very Overpowered) Also if things go really bad you Lower the Main damage on Plaguebomb, Not a massive amount but a bit, (Again only if its still very Overpowered).

Hope you guys like these suggestions and post what you think.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I think beguiler is in need of a full rework. If not, the first thing that takes a hit, is Plague Bomb's damage. It is the single most powerful skill there is. Don't belive me?

Plague Bomb:
  • Damage: 125
  • Scaling: 2.875
  • Mana: 125
  • CD: 10
  • Warm-Up: None
Bolt:
  • Scaling: 2.5
  • Mana: 120
  • CD: 12
  • Warm-Up: 2 seconds
So not only is it better than bolt in every way, it is also an AOE skill.

AdamForte649

Legacy Supporter 6
I think beguiler is in need of a full rework. If not, the first thing that takes a hit, is Plague Bomb's damage. It is the single most powerful skill there is. Don't belive me?

Plague Bomb:
Bolt:
Plaguebomb does a lot of damage but thats why its called "PlagueBOMB" its ment to be quite a big radius hit. I do agree with you I think plaguebomb should only go down to about 95-105 Damage.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3

Plague Bomb:
Bolt:
You are forgetting that wizards also have blizzard, icebolt, megabolt and far more mobility than beguilers. (This is just a comparison)

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Plaguebomb does a lot of damage but thats why its called "PlagueBOMB" its ment to be quite a big radius hit. I do agree with you I think plaguebomb should only go down to about 95-105 Damage.
Oh the 10 damage nerf...Just the thing to balance beguiler. Beguiler is supposed to be a supporty mage that uses illusion and trickery. Having a ridiculous nuke skill doesn't fit the class at all.

AdamForte649

Legacy Supporter 6
Oh the 10 damage nerf...Just the thing to balance beguiler. Beguiler is supposed to be a supporty mage that uses illusion and trickery. Having a ridiculous nuke skill doesn't fit the class at all.
Do keep in mind without plaguebomb Beguiler is going to be like druid with Pulse and Fireball...

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Do keep in mind without plaguebomb Beguiler is going to be like druid with Pulse and Fireball...
Please keep in mind that I want it to be reworked with new skills...

Side Note: This thread is so weird.
"Beguiler needs a big nerf"
*I proceed to explain what needs to be nerfed and why it does*
Then gets told why it shouldn't be nerfed.....

Last edited:

Darkzellz

Legacy Supporter 2
i like your ideas, i was thinking, now bear with me, if plaugebomb took a even bigger hit to damage ... but gained the Nausea effect and maybe hunger? not a huge hit, maybe make it 90 instead of the op 120 with a CD of something like the Bloodmage's bloodboil skills [CombustBlood 6 sec CD] and [BoilBlood with 10 sec CD] after all, it is an attack class, but still, it is based on illusions and deceit, not meant to just walk in and bust up a whole party ... i was messing around with some people on the tester, none of us could single-handedly mach a beguiler with full INT ... it was WAY to op, by the way, their was 3 of us rushing at him, we only killed him when we went one at a time leaving him no time to breath. (a Bloodmage(me), Pally, and a DK i was last and barley won)

Later found out if i rush him as a Dragoon and leave no time for him to act and smash down a few Lunar-Lances i could kill him, but not when he caught a breath, then i was toast ...

AdamForte649

Legacy Supporter 6
i like your ideas, i was thinking, now bear with me, if plaugebomb took a even bigger hit to damage ... but gained the Nausea effect and maybe hunger? not a huge hit, maybe make it 90 instead of the op 120 with a CD of something like the Bloodmage's bloodboil skills [CombustBlood 6 sec CD] and [BoilBlood with 10 sec CD] after all, it is an attack class, but still, it is based on illusions and deceit, not meant to just walk in and bust up a whole party ... i was messing around with some people on the tester, none of us could single-handedly mach a beguiler with full INT ... it was WAY to op, by the way, their was 3 of us rushing at him, we only killed him when we went one at a time leaving him no time to breath. (a Bloodmage(me), Pally, and a DK i was last and barley won)

Later found out if i rush him as a Dragoon and leave no time for him to act and smash down a few Lunar-Lances i could kill him, but not when he caught a breath, then i was toast ...
eh.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8

I understood you! I've suggested this before (I mean it is called PLAGUE bomb it should do something with sickness)

I really think that beguiler needs a rework. Just messing with numbers wouldn't fix it's disjointed kit.

Last edited:

Darkzellz

Legacy Supporter 2
I understood you! I've suggested this before (I mean it is called PLAGUE bomb it should do something with sickness)

I really think that beguiler needs a rework. Just messing with numbers wouldn't fix it's disjointed kit.
woot! i understood! :cool:
But yea, it definitely isn't gonna get a fix with just a few numbers being fudged with, after all, unless you can steal some mana, its seriously hard to beat a Beguiler.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5

Malik you do know balance isn't supposed to re-work classes with new skills its supposed to BALANCE current skills right?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

Plague Bomb:
Bolt:
We need to use disguise skills for Beguiler:3

AdamForte649

Legacy Supporter 6
We need to use disguise skills for Beguiler:3
eh. I don't know but from what I do know beguiler should have Blink and Flicker as its "Master of Illusions"

Edit: If you use disguise skills people are still going to be complaining that beguiler is still "Very overpowered" I Like the Idea kainzo but you would cause to much whinging in the community of beguiler is so OP

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
not to go against @AdamForte649 (beguiler still needs nerfed a bit) but i dont think it should have blink. the kiting capacity would be too much for a class that's supposed to be support. flicker, however, i can agree with. what if, instead, they got a skill that turned the target to a random direction, and gave nausea for like 3 seconds. call it disorient or distort or something.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
not to go against @AdamForte649 (beguiler still needs nerfed a bit) but i dont think it should have blink. the kiting capacity would be too much for a class that's supposed to be support. flicker, however, i can agree with. what if, instead, they got a skill that turned the target to a random direction, and gave nausea for like 3 seconds. call it disorient or distort or something.
Basicly Beguile imo?