• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Beguiler

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
After fighting Diffuse as a lvl 51 ninja while he was a 44 beguiler, It was impossible to get close to him. Piggify, fireball, deepfreeze, fireball and pretty much dead. with piggify have a range of 15 blocks it is retarded hard to close the distance. Kick was nerfed super hard and has a much shorter ranger than piggify. Deepfreeze is also super OP. Two "root" style skills and high damage range attacks. I thought rogues were supposed to be caster killers. This does not seem to be the case with the low cooldowns and skills that make it very hard to close the distance. I suggest piggify receive a longer CD and shorter range. Same for deep freeze. They shouldnt be able to immobilize someone as much as they do in a single fight. Especially since roughs have terrible armor and HP.

Ostadar

Legacy Supporter 7
I'm going to have to say, from what I understand, Beguiler doesn't have Deepfreeze; It's Runeblade that has it(I may be wrong in this, I didn't log in to check). I will ask you not to generalize Rogues, there are different specializations for a reason.. You specified Ninja versus Beguiler and then brought up a Rogue versus Caster argument. Not all Rogues play the same. I'm sure a Ranger could do much better versus that Beguiler since a Ninja relies on being able to Sneak up on their target and being able to maneuver, which I have to say, a Beguiler is a type of caster that is specialized in preventing. All a Ranger needs (which is a Rogue specialization) is distance and some degree of personal skill with the class to be able to play effectively. The outcome in any Rogue vs Beguiler, or any Rogue vs any Caster can vary depending on personal skill level and on the specialization of Rogue and Caster in the fight.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
pah! beguilers are fine, if anything, ninjas need to be nerfed. 120 damage with iron swor that lv 60, insane! yes beguilers have roots and crap, but we casters need something. piggify has a 25 second cooldown, so idk where u get we have short cooldowns. ninjas have fade and crap like that, just fade get close, then attack with your OP iron sword.

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm going to have to say, from what I understand, Beguiler doesn't have Deepfreeze; It's Runeblade that has it(I may be wrong in this, I didn't log in to check). I will ask you not to generalize Rogues, there are different specializations for a reason.. You specified Ninja versus Beguiler and then brought up a Rogue versus Caster argument. Not all Rogues play the same. I'm sure a Ranger could do much better versus that Beguiler since a Ninja relies on being able to Sneak up on their target and being able to maneuver, which I have to say, a Beguiler is a type of caster that is specialized in preventing. All a Ranger needs (which is a Rogue specialization) is distance and some degree of personal skill with the class to be able to play effectively. The outcome in any Rogue vs Beguiler, or any Rogue vs any Caster can vary depending on personal skill level and on the specialization of Rogue and Caster in the fight.
Runeblade doesnt have deepfreeze.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Looking at what you said, Beguiler should be somehow nerfed a little. I mean, how does a Rogue spec other than Ranger get to hit the Beguiler, if it cant even reach the Beguiler with the rooting skills.
pah! beguilers are fine, if anything, ninjas need to be nerfed. 120 damage with iron swor that lv 60, insane! yes beguilers have roots and crap, but we casters need something. piggify has a 25 second cooldown, so idk where u get we have short cooldowns. ninjas have fade and crap like that, just fade get close, then attack with your OP iron sword.
Fade doesnt work like that. I tried Fade in the testserver on the DDoS times, when all the levels were very high. Fade works only light level is dark enough (torch = no fade) and it goes off if you move, take damage (yes, you can take damage) or hit anything. So "just fade and get close" is an invalid argument. Also, considering Ninja is a Rogue spec, its meant to deal somewhat high damage in its own way, and Ninja's main way to do damage is the sword, so it should have high damage on it. (Runeblade has elemental blades, ranger bows, etc.)

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Nerf Beguiler? But answer me this:

What happens if the ninja sees the beguiler first, smokes, hits them 1-2 times from behind, uses instant skills like eviscerate and blitz, and as the beguiler turns to them to target and cast, uses kick, then wails on beguiler until dead?

I think this particular example of two specs pvp'ing could easily depend on the individual circumstances.

Sweord

Glowstone

What happens if the ninja sees the beguiler first, smokes, hits them 1-2 times from behind, uses instant skills like eviscerate and blitz, and as the beguiler turns to them to target and cast, uses kick, then wails on beguiler until dead?

I think this particular example of two specs pvp'ing could easily depend on the individual circumstances.
And to be honest, Diffuse is a good PvPer, so if he doesn't get taken by surprise I'm sure he knows how to handle himself.

Just because you get killed by a class doesn't mean that whatever skills used should be nerfed. Maybe instead of complaining a class is OP, figure out what they did that was the most effective against you and figure out ways to counter it. I've been killed plenty of time so far on this map, yet not once have I griped that whatever killed me should be nerfed. Some classes are just good for what the individual player uses it for.

cschris54321

Soulsand
^ what sword said. and, plus, if you think about it, necromancers have cc way better then beguiler if you angry about that. Web, is aoe, shorter cooldown, doesnt have a glitch were you can instaly get out of it, and doesn't break on hit. I dont get it. Im sorry but all this shows is someone is better at pvp then you...

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5

Stamina gone before blitz even happens. Smoke, eviscerate, cant sprint, caster kites and now we are in the same boat we were in the beginning.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
^ what sword said. and, plus, if you think about it, necromancers have cc way better then beguiler if you angry about that. Web, is aoe, shorter cooldown, doesnt have a glitch were you can instaly get out of it, and doesn't break on hit. I dont get it. Im sorry but all this shows is someone is better at pvp then you...
better at PVP?? Spam skills? Never once did he actually hit me with any melee. Just point and shoot. That is some good pvp skills let me tell you.

cschris54321

Soulsand
PvP doesn't have to be melee.... Fireball is considered a player vs player activity since he is attack you and you were running at him trying to get him. What you should have done, is use smoke, snuck up behind him, blackjacked, kicked, when he deepfreezed you you should have used escapeartist, after he piggified you you should have backflipped to close that distance. Did you do any of thoughs things? If not, then its not beguiler thats op..... Its your pvp skills and ability to think things through. Sorry.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
PvP doesn't have to be melee.... Fireball is considered a player vs player activity since he is attack you and you were running at him trying to get him. What you should have done, is use smoke, snuck up behind him, blackjacked, kicked, when he deepfreezed you you should have used escapeartist, after he piggified you you should have backflipped to close that distance. Did you do any of thoughs things? If not, then its not beguiler thats op..... Its your pvp skills and ability to think things through. Sorry.
wow i think this is why people think Ninja is OP. YOU CAN'T DO ALL THAT!! Our skills take stamina, smoke and blackjack, you are too fatigued is what would pop up if we tried anything else. btw escapeartist=HALF your stamina

Howbadisbad

Soulsand
wow i think this is why people think Ninja is OP. YOU CAN'T DO ALL THAT!! Our skills take stamina, smoke and blackjack, you are too fatigued is what would pop up if we tried anything else. btw escapeartist=HALF your stamina
Piggify is glitched, and you can get out of it without using escapeartist.

But basically this thread is: I am a Ninja, and I was outplayed by a caster, therefor the caster class needs to be nerfed, no caster should ever be able to beat a Ninja. Ninja is supposed to be the god of the server.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
lol i did fade and he ran past me whipped a 180 and nailed me with a fireball while i was still invis. so i think smoke would of had the same outcome. Deep freeze doesn't even make since.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
lol i did fade and he ran past me whipped a 180 and nailed me with a fireball while i was still invis. so i think smoke would of had the same outcome. Deep freeze doesn't even make since.
perhaps you really were not faded