• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Beguiler - Quantum Leap and Mobs

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I believe Beguiler should be able to quantum leap mobs again, I think it cant now cuz throwing plaguebombs into towns and quantumleap but with the remove of plague bomb this could be a good skill if someone is running, if a mob is close to them you can just quantumleap it and get closer.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
I believe Beguiler should be able to quantum leap mobs again, I think it cant now cuz throwing plaguebombs into towns and quantumleap but with the remove of plague bomb this could be a good skill if someone is running, if a mob is close to them you can just quantumleap it and get closer.
I think this would be pretty cool. Without plauge bomb this could be an good idea :D

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
To make things clear, beguiler doesn't have any stuns. It has 2 mesmerizes and a root. That said, just the 3 seconds on entangle is enough to escape any class without mobility.

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
If you think that quantum leaping mobs will give the beguiler too much chasing/escaping power remember the fact that it only goes 15 blocks and has a 30 second cooldown. Wizard blink, backflip, and jump have a nearly identical range at a fraction of the cooldown and don't require a target to cast
Couple this with the fact that you seldom only encounter one mob (meaning that the guiler is going to teleport into a pack of angry mobs)

If a range/mana cost nerf is needed to counter balance mob swapping I think the skill would be fine

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
The problem if I recall correctly was people were able to gain access to towns via passive mobs through quantum leaping.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Disable it on passive mobs? XD I thought the problem was throwing sheep in and leaping..... Tbh I think beguiler should get this loose entangle and get more mana/mana regen/ use less mana on skills

zencow

Legacy Supporter 4
If it could be disabled from passive mobs exclusively I don't think it would've been changed in the first place.
Farmers could still spawn animals inside blocks so the exploit isn't gone just because PB is.

zencow

Legacy Supporter 4
Im pretty positive it can be
It's certainly possible by changing the conditional
to:
if (target instanceof Monster || target instanceof Player) {
whatever code they use for the quantumleap effect
}

(target instanceof Player) {
blah blah
}

back from the original (target instanceof Creature || target instanceof Player)

Monster spawning is also disabled in town regions too so there's only monster eggs to worry about if they are still handing those out.

I'm personally think it's too minor to be worth the trouble. If the idea goes through, why stop there? I'd also like to see it working with other entities like TNTPrimed so TNT is more useful and EnderPearl (what the thrown version is called in Bukkit) for epic plays vs Wizards/Pyros.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
It's certainly possible by changing the conditional
to:
if (target instanceof Monster || target instanceof Player) {
whatever code they use for the quantumleap effect
}

(target instanceof Player) {
blah blah
}

back from the original (target instanceof Creature || target instanceof Player)

Monster spawning is also disabled in town regions too so there's only monster eggs to worry about if they are still handing those out.

I'm personally think it's too minor to be worth the trouble. If the idea goes through, why stop there? I'd also like to see it working with other entities like TNTPrimed so TNT is more useful and EnderPearl (what the thrown version is called in Bukkit) for epic plays vs Wizards/Pyros.
people are more worried about the peaceful mobs that they spawn in their town like cows/pigs.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
People would throw the plaguebomb in an iron LWCd door and quantumleap it to get access to the other side. Seeing as Plaguebomb is no longer for Beguilers, this makes sense and I agree.