• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Beguiler Changes

SharpPencil

A frightening Cactus!
Currently, I am a level 36 Beguiler. I enjoy the class very much. I have talked to other master beguilers and I have been told what the skills do and what the reagents are for them. Some skills don't work as they should and some should just be tweaked a little bit.

Let's start of with the skill Piggify. This skill is suppose to FORCE your target to ride a pig for 6 seconds. But that is not the case, the target can easily kill the pig. I assume that this is not suppose to occur. This also occurs for MassPiggify

Now the term "Beguile" means to "deceive by guile", or to fool someone by tricking them. I think that the skills Purge and Dispel don't really fit the class going by that definition so they should be taken out of the class. Instead, they should be replaced with the skills "decoy" or even "blink". Decoy could be changing into another animal for a prolonged amount of time. These skills, I think, really fit the "trickster" feel of beguiler.​
Onto the skill Quantum leap. The reagent currently is an enderpearl. I think this reagent should be changed to either redstone or gunpowder or even both if possible. Maybe 8 redstone or 8 gunpowder. Or 4 gunpowder AND 4 redstone. The reasoning for this is that enderpearls are very hard to obtain as caster classes because endermen dodge all projectiles and evade some skills. Most of Beguiler's skills are projectiles.​
These are some changes I am hoping could possible happen soon. I think these definitely fit the "trickster" that the Beguiler is suppose to portray. Thanks for taking your time to read this.​
*UPDATE*​

Another idea for the reagent of Quantum leap is that the reagent stays 1 enderpearl put it does not consume it so it has a but longer cooldown.​

itzmak

Legacy Supporter 7
I agree with your points with the piggify/mass piggify. I easily kill the pig and just engage the beguiler. The point I don't agree with is the reagent for quantumn leap. Yes it's hard for casters to get enderpearls but others can obtain them so easily thus increasing the market for enderpearls (even by a little). Just what I think, good suggestions.

Yeah the class should be played as a support trickster. I think that enderpeals are hard to get especially by myself because the skill Plaguebomb hurts me if I'm not in a party. The skill can kill me in 4 hits and it takes 5 to 6 to kill an enderman. I can waste over a good few minutes finding where the enderman teleports to and then waiting for my health to regenerate.

I think a skill called Decoy would be cool though. Either it making a clone of yourself or a mob and making you go temperarily invisible or making you turn into a mob until you attack someone. I just think that using Mob Disguise plugin or a custom plugin for this would be cool.

Dispel and Purge aren't necessarily useless but don't really fit the "Beguiler" class in my opinion. I think that them having blink would also be good for dodging people or good for taking agro off of you.

This is just my opinion on the class which I personally think should have some changes done to it.

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
As a master Beguiler myself, I believe that dispel and purge DO fit. Seeing as they can enchance ones powers with buffs (wisdom and might), it should be realistic that they know how to take buffs away from them (dispel and purge).
It fits somewhat well. A bard gives himself a buff. "Yay!", he exclaims. Beguiler steps in. Uses purge. "LOLOLOLOLOL NO BUFFS FO U!" he chants. Seems realistic, hey?

Decoy does sound like a great idea seeing as it links with lore of the Beguiler. However, blink seems to be a wizard-exclusive skill to me. Being a wizard myself on DG, blink should just be left as it is; or otherwise finding a similar alternative.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We wont be giving Blink to Beguiler.

For the moment Enderpearl is the reagent - it will be changed sometime soon to something more affordable.

The Pigs on both skills should be unkillable, @Sleaker here's a report - I think something changed with the skills.

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
It would be cool if beguiler could get the skill to desquise themselves into mobs. They shouldn't be able to attack in this state. Instead once they attack they are undesquised. Also It should not say in chat they used the skill because then people would know that the random pig is a player running away.

It would be cool if beguiler could get the skill to desquise themselves into mobs. They shouldn't be able to attack in this state. Instead once they attack they are undesquised. Also It should not say in chat they used the skill because then people would know that the random pig is a player running away.
Yeah that's what I mean. They should be able to turn into a mob and then if they break a block, use another skills, or attack anyone it takes them out of that form. Other than that they can stay in that form for a long time that way they can escape death for however long the person trying to kill them camps the area (unless if you can waddle away as a mob :p )

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
Yeah that's what I mean. They should be able to turn into a mob and then if they break a block, use another skills, or attack anyone it takes them out of that form. Other than that they can stay in that form for a long time that way they can escape death for however long the person trying to kill them camps the area (unless if you can waddle away as a mob :p )
If it was possible, maybe make it so that it drains mana as you walk?

I think 2 mana per block so you dont just sprint around and run everywhere as the class would be good. It should be too high so if you are running away you can jump behind a hill and turn into a mob of some sort to try and evade the attacker.