• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Beginners guide

tips48

Gold
So,
I'm new to the server, just got whitelisted today. My question is:
What should I know?
Alot of it is on the wiki, but what should I know that you may have gained from personal experience?
Thanks,
tips48

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
Well, anything beyond 350 on the map, in the + or - is a pvp zone, aside from town halls. So, there's a very good chance that if you see someone out here, they'll probably try to kill you. It's nothing personal, people just tend to... well, die, here. A lot. Speaking of that, mobs here can be pretty vicious. At low levels, you can't expect to be able to kill them by just yourself. It's best to party up with others.

Look for a town as soon as you can! It gives you people that can help you out, and a relatively safe place to hang out. New towns are almost always looking for members to get their required number of citizens, so asking around on "/ch re" (channel recruitment), you can find a town usually with ease.

Welcome to the server! If you ever have any questions, you can ask me any time, on the server or the forums, and any of the guides would be happy to help you as well!

tips48

Gold
Well, anything beyond 350 on the map, in the + or - is a pvp zone, aside from town halls. So, there's a very good chance that if you see someone out here, they'll probably try to kill you. It's nothing personal, people just tend to... well, die, here. A lot. Speaking of that, mobs here can be pretty vicious. At low levels, you can't expect to be able to kill them by just yourself. It's best to party up with others.

Look for a town as soon as you can! It gives you people that can help you out, and a relatively safe place to hang out. New towns are almost always looking for members to get their required number of citizens, so asking around on "/ch re" (channel recruitment), you can find a town usually with ease.

Welcome to the server! If you ever have any questions, you can ask me any time, on the server or the forums, and any of the guides would be happy to help you as well!
Thanks! Glad to hear that there are some nice people here :) I've found a town i'm interested in joining, so thats good. Also, what do you mean by mobs are vicious? Are they harder than SSP?

Thanks! Glad to hear that there are some nice people here :) I've found a town i'm interested in joining, so thats good. Also, what do you mean by mobs are vicious? Are they harder than SSP?

Put it this way, mobs die in single player in about 3 hits with a stone sword. They tend to kill you before you even get 3 hits with a stone sword here. Not to mention 3 hits would take like 1/4 of their HP

tips48

Gold
Put it this way, mobs die in single player in about 3 hits with a stone sword. They tend to kill you before you even get 3 hits with a stone sword here. Not to mention 3 hits would take like 1/4 of their HP
Alright, thanks. So far its been fun, and I'm amazed to find such a active community.