• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Been away for a while, questions about modern class balancing

Aetosion

Obsidian
Okay, some of you remember me as a Wizard, some of you remember me as a Samurai. I'm thinking about coming back now that school's ending and summer's beginning soon. First though, I want to get an idea of the class I want to go.

I want a good combination between high sustained damage, and survivability.
The classes I'm considering are:
Runeblade- Moderate mobility, high sustain dps, ??
Ninja- High damage, moderate mobility, low survivability
Samurai- High mobility, moderate tankiness, high sustain damage
Dragoon- High mobility, moderate tankiness and moderate-low sustained dps
Disciple- High CC and survivability, moderate melee sustained dps

Anyone mind comparing these classes, detailing the pros and cons, and giving me an idea what to go?

Thanks!
-Aeto

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
All pretty solid classes, but from what I here Sammy isn't the same from the last update.

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
Oh, Aetosion is coming back huh? We all know Disciple is the way to go bro

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I would like to see you try Samurai after this last update.

Good to see you back Aeto :)

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
What'd they do to my darling Sammy?

But thanks guys.
They changed the way that the dots function and lowered the speed on windwalk. At this time my favorite classes are Disciple, Runeblade Bloodmage and Pyromancer.

Aetosion

Obsidian
They changed the way that the dots function and lowered the speed on windwalk. At this time my favorite classes are Disciple, Runeblade Bloodmage and Pyromancer.
How's the damage on Runeblade? Does the fire (and other) rune(s) only work for one hit? Or is it a passive on hit spell that has a duration allowing for several hits? What's the deal foo.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
How's the damage on Runeblade? Does the fire (and other) rune(s) only work for one hit? Or is it a passive on hit spell that has a duration? What's the deal foo.

Runeblades can que up the skills, 1 at a time on a quick global cooldown. You may stack up to 3 runes at a time. Upon contact the rune will proc, doing the effect and stuff.
Delfofthebla prob has more to say on the matter

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
How's the damage on Runeblade? Does the fire (and other) rune(s) only work for one hit? Or is it a passive on hit spell that has a duration allowing for several hits? What's the deal foo.
Runes are single use abilities. Activating them "binds" them to your weapon. You can activate these abilities to "queue" them up in preparation for a fight. The Runeblade can queue up to 3 runes at any given time. You can also stack multiple Runes (so Void Fire Fire or Ice Ice Ice is possible)

These runes are applied to the target when you left click them. Only one Rune is applied per attack, and it is removed from your queue after you do so. Additionally, you cannot apply more than 1 rune per second. (So spamming left click wont apply them any faster than normal.)

Other misc. side notes:
If you are silenced, you cannot "activate" any rune abilities, but you can still "apply" them to your target if you have activated them in advance. You can activate the abilities without a sword, but you cannot apply them without one, so disarm/curse wreck you pretty hard too. The Runeblade gets countered by a lot of shit, but still manages to pull through despite this.

It's a solid class, but I'd say that Samurai/Ninja are stronger. I personally really enjoy the playstyle, but some have commented on the difficulty of the class since the revamp. It's all about what you're into I guess.

monkeyfatzer

Legacy Supporter 3
Okay, some of you remember me as a Wizard, some of you remember me as a Samurai. I'm thinking about coming back now that school's ending and summer's beginning soon. First though, I want to get an idea of the class I want to go.

I want a good combination between high sustained damage, and survivability.
The classes I'm considering are:
Runeblade- Moderate mobility, high sustain dps, ??
Ninja- High damage, moderate mobility, low survivability
Samurai- High mobility, moderate tankiness, high sustain damage
Dragoon- High mobility, moderate tankiness and moderate-low sustained dps
Disciple- High CC and survivability, moderate melee sustained dps

Anyone mind comparing these classes, detailing the pros and cons, and giving me an idea what to go?

Thanks!
-Aeto

Pstttt dragoon