• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Beam skills are cool but could be implemented better

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I really like the beam skill mechanic of sacred glimmer but it has a 25 second cooldown and is a level 61 skill...

Theoretically beam skills could finally allow you to heal other people without macros and also have no self healing option, helping with healer balance overall.

It would be nice if all the healers got some form of beam skill at low level that had no self healing, and had very low cooldown so you could theoretically rely on beam skills for healing others instead of macros. Not saying remove macros at all, just make beam skills an alternative method of healing.

Also my naga broke.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Honestly, what's interesting is less the beam skills themselves and more the tech behind them. You can target blocks and entities based on their actual hitboxes rather than by the blocks between you and them. It can even go through things like water, tall grass, glass or anything else depending on he needs of the situation.

However, the actual future of them is TBD, so we'll see where it goes.

xMJay

Portal
there is no reason to use sacred glimmer when cleric has holywater/divineblessing. i see more use to the old ultimate guardianangel

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
there is no reason to use sacred glimmer when cleric has holywater/divineblessing. i see more use to the old ultimate guardianangel

yeah the current sacred glimmer is terrible in terms of mana / effectiveness, but what if it was more like sacred word in terms of healing / mana cost and really low cooldown.

You could use sacred word for the sure fire heal with a macro that wont miss, or you could use glimmer which could have a lower cooldown (since cant self heal), allows you to save word for self healing if needed, could potentially hit multiple targets in some situations, but has the risk of missing.

Im not going to act like i dont have a motive here, ive always hated the herocraft single target healing macro system, i think it would be cool to finally have an alternative to binding 5+ peoples names to macros every time i join a group.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I really like the beam skill mechanic of sacred glimmer but it has a 25 second cooldown and is a level 61 skill...

Theoretically beam skills could finally allow you to heal other people without macros and also have no self healing option, helping with healer balance overall.

It would be nice if all the healers got some form of beam skill at low level that had no self healing, and had very low cooldown so you could theoretically rely on beam skills for healing others instead of macros. Not saying remove macros at all, just make beam skills an alternative method of healing.

Also my naga broke.
The end goal is to repalce all healing skills (That arent group related) to be skill shots.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
The end goal is to repalce all healing skills (That arent group related) to be skill shots.
"Skillshot", eh? So does that mean removing namebinding and maybe using Soren's tech to target, or changing all the skills to be completely different?

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
"Skillshot", eh? So does that mean removing namebinding and maybe using Soren's tech to target, or changing all the skills to be completely different?

I can't understand things. New skills, not the same renamed targetted heals.

EDIT: I swear that was an edit on the post rather than a quote. My brain has apparently failed.

Last edited: