• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Basic Class Idea: Warden

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
A Warden would use a shovel as a weapon, and use mid-range projectiles mixed with binding powers to defeat their opponents.
Skill Ideas:
Hastening Bash:
A slightly weaker version of the skill bash. Applies 1 Momentum to the user.
Advancing Strike:
Deals 10 damage and applies 1 Momentum to the user.
Charge:
Applies 2 Momentum and a 10% speed increase for 5 seconds.
Javelin:
The warden throws a spear, hitting up to three targets in the way for 32 damage, flying as far as 5 blocks.
Restrain:
The target is rooted for 3 seconds. 25% Chance to Break Free on hit after 1 second.
Fierce Javelins:
Javelins do 3x damage at the cost of range and maximum targets.(3 Blocks, 1 Target)
Light Javelins:
Javelins do 75% damage, but fly twice as far and hit up to 9 targets.
Puncturing Strike:
Armor is ignored, and the target is hit for 50 damage, at the same time applying a bleed effect, damaging the target for 10 damage over 4 seconds. Costs: 4 Momentum. Removes 4 from Momentum
Rest:
Restores 10% of HP every 2 seconds for 6 seconds. Costs: 1 Momentum Removes all Momentum.
Momentum would have a cap, maybe five, then people would use their momentum requiring skills and start building momentum again.

These are some skill ideas, you get the basic concept, changes would be made. I'd like to see everyone's opinion on the idea.

A

Azzezima

hello,
I like the skills does has to be slightly changed of course but i can see this being added in the game.

-Azzezima-

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
I am assuming Hastening Bash has a short CD like Bash, and Advancing Strike deals no dmg, so I imagine that is solely used to build Momentum on a relatively short CD too, while I expect Rest to receive a medium-high cooldown and Puncturing Strike as suggested seems to be the finisher. This is why the Momentum skill set currently seems to me to be high on Momentum builders and low on Momentum users.

Greater exploration of the Warden lore is a good place to establish other skills that can play into the mechanic and also distinguish the class from other melee dps. Greater cc skills and group debuffs seem to fit the image of a lone Warden, controling and chastising his prisoners.

I do not know Warden lore, but "Warden" seems to imply charges under their control (ex: prisoners, nature) as well as subordinates in the hierarchy which they are a Warden of (ex: guards, beasts). These seem like fertile ground for group based skill suggestions.

Last edited: