• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Base chance to dodge-attacks.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I want to come up with a system to have the ability to dodge-attacks or if you want to think of it in another way, your left-click spams have a chance to 'miss'.

Here's the reasoning:
  1. Increase and deepen combat, so we can have skills increase / decrease miss chance (similar to Curse)
  2. Possible abilities triggered after a successful dodge or something similar.
  3. Melee/casters less dependent on just swinging their weapon and more on planning and using skills.
  4. Weapon stats that will increase chance-to-hit or miss (if its cursed)
  5. Attributes later on that will affect your ability to dodge incoming attacks.
Example: Ninja has a base chance of 10-15% to dodge attacks. Paladin could have 5% - not when I state "attacks" I mean left-click melee swings.

Let me know what you think.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
I want to come up with a system to have the ability to dodge-attacks or if you want to think of it in another way, your left-click spams have a chance to 'miss'.

Here's the reasoning:
  1. Increase and deepen combat, so we can have skills increase / decrease miss chance (similar to Curse)
  2. Have ability triggered after a successful dodge or something similar.
  3. Have melee/casters less dependent on just swinging their weapon and more on planning and using skills.
  4. Have weapon stats that will increase chance-to-hit or miss (if its cursed)
  5. Have attributes later on that will affect your ability to dodge incoming attacks.
Example: Ninja has a base chance of 10-15% to dodge attacks. Paladin could have 5% - not when I state "attacks" I mean left-click melee swings.

Let me know what you think.

This would be cool - especially if skills / item drops can affect base to hit and dodge. If possible maybe new potions / enchants to add to this as well. Maybe even new foods that give a buff ?

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
This would be cool - especially if skills / item drops can affect base to hit and dodge. If possible maybe new potions / enchants to add to this as well. Maybe even new foods that give a buff ?
It shouldnt be possible to make new potions or enchants without forcing every player to install some certain mods.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It shouldnt be possible to make new potions or enchants without forcing every player to install some certain mods.
Not true on the potions, but enchants probably. We can re-purpose certain things and attach effects to them. It may be possible to name a potion "Potion of Missing" and when its thrown, we can have it do a certain effect. Would probably take a lot of work.

Danielcan

Legacy Supporter 4
Not true on the potions, but enchants probably. We can re-purpose certain things and attach effects to them. It may be possible to name a potion "Potion of Missing" and when its thrown, we can have it do a certain effect. Would probably take a lot of work.
I suggest you give ninja skill called Blur and it will dodge attacks by %20 chance.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
One of my biggest gripes with Herocraft is that a tanky paladin can move just as fast as a ninja. With this I can see how rogue class can get the "agility" they deserve with a high dodge chance. Also could it be possible to have dodges, (No-DMG) blocks, (Reduced-DMG) and Parrys (Reduced/Counter DMG.) I could see how this could give much more depth and diversity between the classes. Also Rangers with 100% hit chance would help them out :)

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
I suggest you give ninja skill called Blur and it will dodge attacks by %20 chance.

If they get this they should lose some HP to balance it somewhat. Not against Ninja's being hard to hit by weapons, but something will need balanced with it.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Well then people who can't use swords will have to have something changed to them so they can dodge another way

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Well then people who can't use swords will have to have something changed to them so they can dodge another way
What do you mean with people who cant use swords have to be changed? Im confused because your post is the first time "sword" is mentioned here.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Well you could have it that all non-melee skillshots (Archery, Fireball etc always deal dmg if they connect.) target skills could have a chance to misfire or the player to dodge it.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
What do you mean with people who cant use swords have to be changed? Im confused because your post is the first time "sword" is mentioned here.

I was mostly thinking it would be the same way where people have reduced damage with how they right click there swords and that's also how they would dodge I was just thinking that's how it would be

Sniped105

Legacy Supporter 3
I do like the sound of this.. and I must say I do agree something is missing with ninja (sorry for the off topicness). I always enjoyed how it was the "Get in quick, do what you need to do and get out" class. Without a speed increase I fine it's missing something personally..

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The base-dodge chances would only include melee swings. Not spell hits (though melee ones could happen)

I really like this because it would make some fights random (or more random) than others... chance of failure, chance of hits, etc.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
I think rogues should have the highest dodge chance. Then casters/some healers. Then make warriors have lower dodge chance.

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
Perhaps ya'll could make it where what armor your wearing effects it. Iron would be heavier than leather so it would lower your dodge chance or make it wear the heavier armor gives you a slight slower walking speed

Sniped105

Legacy Supporter 3
I agree with making it apply to melee attacks :) Sounds like it would mix things up a little bit. As long as it stays away from skills, in my opinion, I feel it would be a great addition

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
There should be different forms of evasive techniques.

Dodge would be one, but the nimble specs would use this form and have higher dodge chance and dodge would primary avoid skill based moves (rogues, preferably ninja and runeblade, but also dragoon).

Parry may also be another form, for sword-wielding classes, primarily avoiding melee attacks (warrior tanks like paladin and samurai)

Base dodge should be very low though I reckon. Too much dodge is a big game changer.