• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bard

PernixPike

Legacy Supporter 4
I'm not sure if there's any reason behind this, but Bard's are only able to use DropTheBass while in a party. I don't know if this is intentional, or just something that was overlooked. If there is a reason for this just let me know.

macura

Diamond
I'm not sure if there's any reason behind this, but Bard's are only able to use DropTheBass while in a party. I don't know if this is intentional, or just something that was overlooked. If there is a reason for this just let me know.
This is intentional, drop the bass was meant to be a support skill and they did not want it to become a personal safefall for bards. So you need to be in a party to use it.

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
I think Bard is 100% balanced but what about HealingChorus, it only heals 50hp?! That is absolutely terrible, yes I know that there is a Dispel, which only Dispels one thing but for some reason HealingChorus also comes with a Stamina Cost (This was added this map, I don't know why) and a mana cost making it very situational and a pretty terrible skill. I suggest reverting it back to a 100hp heal like it was last map making it a somewhat viable heal, or at least remove the stamina cost on it.

Tagging the only other Balance team member who has played Bard (I think)
PernixPike

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I think Bard is 100% balanced but what about HealingChorus, it only heals 50hp?! That is absolutely terrible, yes I know that there is a Dispel, which only Dispels one thing but for some reason HealingChorus also comes with a Stamina Cost (This was added this map, I don't know why) and a mana cost making it very situational and a pretty terrible skill. I suggest reverting it back to a 100hp heal like it was last map making it a somewhat viable heal, or at least remove the stamina cost on it.

Tagging the only other Balance team member who has played Bard (I think)
PernixPike
Eh... I'd say 75, not 100.

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
I don't see a reason to not go all the way to 100 with this, 50 was just completely garbage and 70 isn't much better.

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
I always thought healingchorus was OP (It's not obviously) because it stops my DoTs (Bloodmage) but I understand why you'd want it to be buffed. 50 is a bit low, so like you said, probably 75 or 100 hp would be good.

macura

Diamond
I personally think bard provides enough support, between warsong, manasong, aoe silence, aoe slow, accelarando, drop the bass and aoe dispel/heal. I think a 100 heal is far too much of a heal, it would put them in ranks with desciples. Maybe have it remove 2 effects instead of 1 so it will most likely remove all negative effects.

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
50hp Is barely even half a heart for most classes, it doesn't affect fights whatsoever other than dispelling one thing. As I did say above I do think bard is balanced, but this skill is useless as a heal.

macura

Diamond
50hp Is barely even half a heart for most classes, it doesn't affect fights whatsoever other than dispelling one thing. As I did say above I do think bard is balanced, but this skill is useless as a heal.
I can not say for certain the original intention for the skill's use but i have always though of it as anti-cc not a heal, in my opinion the renaming to healing chorus was not the most fitting choice. This is my opinion because in a fight someone will say healingchorus/chackra, i am cc'ed, not i need more health.

One of desciple's strongest skills is chackra because of the instant heal and dispel effect. I do not think that bard should have a healong chorus that is among the ranks of chackra especially considering that bard is not a healer. Bard provides party buffs and aoe support and damage.

This is my own personal opinion of the purpose of healingchorus and i am not saying i am right, just what i believe.

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
I can not say for certain the original intention for the skill's use but i have always though of it as anti-cc not a heal, in my opinion the renaming to healing chorus was not the most fitting choice. This is my opinion because in a fight someone will say healingchorus/chackra, i am cc'ed, not i need more health.

One of desciple's strongest skills is chackra because of the instant heal and dispel effect. I do not think that bard should have a healong chorus that is among the ranks of chackra especially considering that bard is not a healer. Bard provides party buffs and aoe support and damage.

This is my own personal opinion of the purpose of healingchorus and i am not saying i am right, just what i believe.

It might be true that bard isn't a healer, but the skill is meant for healing, might I remind you Bard is the main support class on the server, specializing in all kinds of support and healing is a type of support.

No point in giving them a heal that just removes cc and doesn't actually heal, I'd be more okay if it just removed more negative effects for my party.

PernixPike

Legacy Supporter 4
I've always thought healing chorus was a bit off so I'll have to agree with lief on this one. It either needs a larger heal, more debuff power, or no stamina cost.