• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Bard] New Skill Ideas and Other Ideas

Which skill Idea do you like more?

• Total voters

Carlover1234

Obsidian
I know i've made various suggestions for Bard in the past but i've got some new ideas! I know most of you are going to say "Bard is a rogue not a healer" but in the wiki it says that it does use healing skills, so why not give Bard one or two more healing skills. Also please give me honest feedback and suggestions for these ideas. Feel free to post your own ideas too. :) Thanks!
Here are the ideas:

Herocraft Bard Skill Idea:
Name: Song of Linking/Link Song/ Linking Song(skill inspired by the wizard 101 link spell)
Description: Your song heals the hearts of your team mates while piercing your enemies at the same time.
Cooldown: 45 seconds or 60 seconds
Mana: 150
Stamina:395
Level: 59 (This would bump HealingChorus down a few levels like in the 30s)
Info: Your song heals all team mates within 10 blocks, healing them initially 15 then later heals them 105 hp over three rounds that heals every 3 seconds. Your song pierces all enemies within 5 blocks, damaging them initially 30 then later 120 hp over three rounds that damages every 4 seconds. The caster is only healed 75% of the total heal. (12 and 78 hp over three rounds)
-OR-
Heals 10+ 90 over 3 rounds
(Caster) 8+72 over 3 rounds
Damages 15+105 over 3 rounds

-OR-

Name: Song of Boosting -OR- Song of Aid
Cooldown: Don't know yet
Mana: 95
Stamina: 265
Level: 27
Info: Your song heals all team mates for 50 hp (40 for you) and then all healing spells casted by team mates are 35% stronger for 25 seconds.

Another Idea: There should be new custom armor that can give different things like a small health boost, healing boost, damage boost or a small boost in attribute points for a specific category. Maybe these clothes can have level and class restrictions. Just a thought. :)
Example:
-Druid's Overcoat- +15 health- +1 Wisdom Point- 5% Incoming healing boost-

Well i hope you guys like my ideas! Thanks. :)

Last edited:

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I think it has plenty of skills. Though, It would be nice if some of it's skills where altered to incorporate the new buff effects.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
that first one's a little high on healing :confused:, and the second one's numbers are a little high. however, i like the second one's concept, it'd just need a touch of rebalancing.

the custom armor idea has been in place awile. those "advanced crafting materials" will make such said armor :D

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
descriptions are outdated :p and as stated by Moralsk, bard is a rogue*, not a healer.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
If Bard where to be revamped I would change it by:
  • Warsong: Increases Strength
  • Melodic Binding: Decreases Agility and Slows
  • Accelerando: Increases Agility and Speed
  • Manasong: Increases Wisdom (Would be similar to your "Song of Aid" idea)
From there I would change how the skills scale. Instead of practically everything being CHA, they would scale off of their respective attribute.:
  • Warsong would go off Str
  • Accelerando and Melodic Binding off Cha
  • Manasong off Wis
  • etc.
Cha will still scale, but instead of increasing Damage/Heals/etc they would increase the duration and range of the skills. That said this is just my opinion and I think Bard is perfectly viable and doesn't need any new skills.

Moralsk

Gold
Honestly I think the skills should still increase in damage/heals. What's CHA?

I strongly disagree. Bard has high melee damage with music discs + as malik said, you can go almost all charisma. Your abilities are already crazy effective. I've fought with and against bards before, and I've never felt that they needed buffed.

Moralsk

Gold
You call 56 damage high?

Mate, I play as a berserker (which is a warrior) and I have a base damage of 46 with a diamond axe. Luckily I have abilities that can increase that. Feel sorry for dreadknight. Their base damage is 46, and well, yeah no, they don't get a passive to increase melee damage.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
Maybe Bard's melee should be knocked down to 40 to 45
ehh.... lveling dreadknight wasnt that fun, killing mobs took forever because of low damage. 40 is way too low, and 45 is still a little low. why not 48? that way you're still higher than the warriors (like the rogue ideal is) but your melee isnt huge.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
ehh.... lveling dreadknight wasnt that fun, killing mobs took forever because of low damage. 40 is way too low, and 45 is still a little low. why not 48? that way you're still higher than the warriors (like the rogue ideal is) but your melee isnt huge.
I wouldn't have it that low. Something like 52-54 would be fine.