• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bard - be able to use music disks as an alternate weapon

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
Often during world pvp, when I right click my jukebox to use an ability I accidentally place it on the ground, which is obviously a big hassle during any situation. If bards could use music disks as an alternative weapon we would be able to safely right click while hold our primary weapon.
(I also think it looks cooler aesthetically)

Thanks,
Steamed

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Often during world pvp, when I right click my jukebox to use an ability I accidentally place it on the ground, which is obviously a big hassle during any situation. If bards could use music disks as an alternative weapon we would be able to safely right click while hold our primary weapon.
(I also think it looks cooler aesthetically)

Thanks,
Steamed
I think you're on to something here.
@Danda or someone find the Bukkit-ENUM names for all the discs so I can add them to the attacks.

Also what are the most rare?

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
Found this on the minecraft wiki:
"The music discs "13" and "cat" are found in 8% of dungeon chests. All music discs except "11" can be obtained by getting a creeper to be killed by a skeleton's arrow."

Might mean that 13 and cat are the rarest?

parkerjdude

Legacy Supporter 6
Well if this is emplimented, bards would have a very difficult time just getting a weapon that you can lose just by dying. I would hate having to use the 11 disk as a weapon, as it is worth many of thousands of coins. This would make Bard only for the rich, because they could buy the rarer weapons.

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
I have over 70 discs and, @Kainzo I believe they are recognized as "Record #" with # being 1- how many discs there are which is 12 or 13.

Aetosion

Obsidian
Red isn't rare, orange isn't terribly rare, black, white, and purple are kind of common, as is the non-ward green. Everything from then on is a bit rarer. Broken is definetly rarest.