• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Banning] A possible Alternative

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We don't ban at the drop of a hat.

When Herocraft first released and we had very little protection against grievers - we were more ban happy then.

Now, we usually only ban for multiple offenders, hackers and advertisers.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
It's fun to talk about the mechanics of how a jail would work, but it's a lot more work to build and maintain a jail then it is to simply type /ban. If people are breaking the rules and need to be removed from play for a short time, there's already a place where they can't participate in Herocraft, and that's the real world.

ChunkyM0nk3y

Legacy Supporter 4
PLEASE add the obby farm with a little less stacks needed (1 I think is enough.)

EDIT: You could make it automated, by setting the player's money to 0, and then give him the opportunity to buy himself free for a large amount of money, wich can only be earned by selling obby he mined :)

ChunkyM0nk3y

Legacy Supporter 4
IDEA! You give jailed players the opportunity to work, like mining and farming wheat, and every city can build a jail for a specific cost of items and coins. So if a city has prisoners, they get the blocks they mined for them, and you the time in the jail is way less boring! I would really love it. But you should use the plugin Jloy1 mentioned :)

Here's a question to ask yourselves... Should the administrative team spend their valuable time 1) making the game better for those who follow the rules or 2) making the game better for those who break them?

You can't spend your time doing two things simultaneously. You're saying that rule-breakers should get priority over the rest of us.

ChunkyM0nk3y

Legacy Supporter 4
No, dont see it like that. In my second post, I had the idea to actually let them work for towns/cities wich have a prison with prisoners, but it was just an idea. Maybe not the right server theme for that.

It IS an interesting idea, but the mod team has enough on their plate as it is. Pen it in for sometime around November; after the server is actually up and running and classes have their skills and towns and regions are up and the mindless raiding is down. Rule-breakers don't deserve to work for towns. They don't deserve to take up place on the server. They deserve to do something other than Herocraft for a week while they think about how they won't break rules when (IF) they come back.