• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Ban Greifing

IGN:Owaysholmes
Banned by: @TimForReal
Time of ban: Date 20-10
Reason for ban: Griefing
Your story: I was not greifing this must be a mistake I was ban for greifing two days ago why would I do such an illegal act again?

Thanks

Last edited:

franniested

Legacy Supporter 5
@TimForReal I was talking to @Kainzo yesterday about his original ban. I was told that there is supposed to be a warning system, and it is being bypassed by admins. Owaysholmes is one of my most active members, so I would like to vouch for him in saying, he was very upset about his original ban. Now, after a day of playing cautiously, he is banned again? He is very confused about both of these bans, and would like to know in more detail what the situation was that caused it. There is obviously some confusion here if he would immediately go and do the same thing again.

I am, and have always been a player that will not stick up for someone that is breaking the rules, but we are having a hard time understanding what is going on here? I do not want to lose a council member of mine, if it is not something that was deserved. At the very least, he deserves an explanation more than just "griefing".

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Your story: I was not greifing this must be a mistake I was baned for greifing two days ago why would I do such an illegle act again?

Thanks

You broke glowstone on a player made bridge, each glowstone had 2 banners attached to it. You did this several times all along the road. This is grief. Do you have questions about what is/isn't grief? Because you're intentionally doing it.
@TimForReal I was talking to @Kainzo yesterday about his original ban. I was told that there is supposed to be a warning system, and it is being bypassed by admins. Owaysholmes is one of my most active members, so I would like to vouch for him in saying, he was very upset about his original ban. Now, after a day of playing cautiously, he is banned again? He is very confused about both of these bans, and would like to know in more detail what the situation was that caused it. There is obviously some confusion here if he would immediately go and do the same thing again.

I am, and have always been a player that will not stick up for someone that is breaking the rules, but we are having a hard time understanding what is going on here? I do not want to lose a council member of mine, if it is not something that was deserved. At the very least, he deserves an explanation more than just "griefing".

First, please don't post on appeals - the person who was banned already posted and is more than capable of dealing with his own appeal. Second, it appears his old grief is just now being petitioned and since he had a ban history for grief already I found it suiting to ban again. The warning system is a guideline that doesn't fit into every situation. I can't write a book on his ban message, players can appeal and get an explanation, I.E what is happening now.

The best appeal is following the rules, ignorance of the rules is not an excuse. I'm willing to lift this ban if you can understand that what you did was wrong and not "I was not griefing".

I know what grief means and I know that I broke the rules but, I didn't break any rules since the first ban.
I was upset because I thought that everything was over after the first ban.

I apologize for breaking the rules.

Thanks

Last edited:

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Your story: I was not greifing this must be a mistake I was ban for greifing two days ago why would I do such an illegal act again?

Thanks

Unbanned.