• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Balance Super Post

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Just the concept of multiple explosive shots screams "OP" to me (It could be done, but would be such a headache to balance.)

Though, this does remind me of an old idea I had. How it would work is make envenom not work on arrows (It's pretty bad on arrows anyway) then give different toggle-able arrows to choose from:
  • Piercing shot: Low damage, but pierces armor (Something like 65% damage)
  • Crippling Shot: Lower Damage, but slows the target (Very mild slow since we don't want another "Ice Arrow" fiasco)
  • Puncturing Shot: Lower Base damage, but applies a bleed effect (85% initial + 35% bleed)
  • Multi Shot: Low Base Damage, but shoots multiple arrows (5-6 arrows at 25% damage)
  • Standard Shot: You basic arrow with the highest base damage and now special effects.
This would require the removal of ice volley, but i don't believe it would make ranger "OP" since they could only use one arrow at a time.
No piercing shot plz. It only reminds us of the failure of heart shot last map :p

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
No piercing shot plz. It only reminds us of the failure of heart shot last map :p
Heart shot was OP, because not only did it do EXTRA damage it also pierced armor. My version is way more balanced :p. The problem with the old arrows was that every arrow was better than a standard arrow. With my idea, each arrow has drawbacks and advantages.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The point of the balance team is to balance the current content in the game. The things we can change without heavy code modification is quite easy to do.

Not create new content or re-code things (If you can code be my guest)

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I understand that. Too bad that a bunch of classes are in need of a rework/revamp. (Beguiler, Ninja, most of the healers...) On the bright side, most of my suggestions are simply number changes or slight alterations (adding warm-ups, removing warm -ups, etc.)

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
I understand that. Too bad that a bunch of classes are in need of a rework/revamp. (Beguiler, Ninja, most of the healers...) On the bright side, most of my suggestions are simply number changes or slight alterations (adding warm-ups, removing warm -ups, etc.)
Most of the ninja changes can be done assuming new skills = new code because most the code is kind of already there (toggle mana drain & invis).

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Bump
@Kainzo any work on the implementation of these changes?
Refer to my first post in this thread...

Balance handles numbers/cooldowns/durations - not re-inventing the classes. This muddies the waters of clarity.

Re-fine the list and repost or edit. I don't have time to prune through code changes and number changes. While some of them are needed, it does and will take more time and devs (@0xNaomi) can start assisting more.

Shaman class is the exception to the above, of course.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Simplified Number changes:

Paladin:
Magicward: increase duration from 4->6 seconds
Shields:
  • Trap Door-
    • Damage: Same
    • Protection: 10%->15%
  • Wood Door-
    • Damage: 24 ->25
    • Protection: 15%->20%