• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Balance suggestion

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I've been pretty deathly ill. I'll resume the changes/merges to test when I get better. Can barely stand.
I bet you had a fever of 102-103 degrees, and stomach cramps/pain. The entire East Coast has that in the past week I hear (I know I did). Some kind of virus blitzkrieg.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I bet you had a fever of 102-103 degrees, and stomach cramps/pain. The entire East Coast has that in the past week I hear (I know I did). Some kind of virus blitzkrieg.
still going on... keep getting hot and cold and sweats ... going to the doctor tomorrow.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
yeah my roommate got it that bad, along with 1/3 of my class. I just threw up a few times on purpose and it went away pretty fast. THIS IS NOT MEDICAL ADVICE.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
It seems as though all Balance changes have took a break. Any ETA on when the rest of the changes will be implemented to test server so we can start balancing and stop theorizing :D

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
IMO, superjump shouldn't be removed, merely changed. one superjump in a fight isnt going to get the goon too far away unless hes using steep terrain (which he is meant to do). if it's possible to copy and paste the EP combat cd vs out of combat cd, that'd be great. a 60 second cooldown in combat would suffice while keeping 18 second cooldown out of combat is good to let them scale walls.

the above combined with the other change everyone wants (change jump to a lunge in combat) would be perfect so the goon can still have it's fun factor, mobile factor, and hit and run fighting style, while losing the ability to fly while in combat.

also the left click damage reduction is fine, it's reduced to 52 right?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
@Kainzo mentioned one reason for SuperJump's removal as being the easy passing of PvE material that will be in future updates.
^

It's an instant content bypass. The alternative is we set each area and actively block Superjump - which seems a bit drab just to have it in PVP when it already isnt that useful (imo)

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
but what about scaling walls in pvp map !? and if we're talkin content bypass, grapplinghook can jump higher than superjump can...

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
but what about scaling walls in pvp map !? and if we're talkin content bypass, grapplinghook can jump higher than superjump can...
Grapplinghook can be blocked with architecture, but superjump cannot (effectively and also it would look terrible). I'm kind of bias and would personally love to see Runner Dragoon loose some mobility, and if they're getting another skill out of this idk what you're upset about.

Also would love an ETA on the balance patch. We've agreed on changes that don't require any new code so this should be a verily quick thing.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
@Kainzo
I really hope you don't take this the wrong way but this stuff really doesn't move fast enough. This isn't crying, desire, or anything like that. I mean no disrespect for the following either.

Balance changes need to be at least a monthly thing. The changes we've talked about here I thought would be implemented quickly since they required no new coding, but I guess I was wrong. Even though balancing doesn't take spot #1 for problems people currently want fixed on hc (that would be lag) I would still rank it in the top 5 at a minimum. It's a simple change of numbers as far as I've seen it and if we mess up we'll add a quick fix and then look at that month to see what to change next patch.

If we don't have anyone to make new code then so be it, but it shouldn't cause any balancing whatsoever to cease.

This thread here:
http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/patch-5-30-0-balancing.50981/

In 2 days that thread containing all these simple changes will be a month old. In that time there should have been a patch.

Again this is not rage, but rather constructive criticism on what I (a member of the community and staff) think the community would appreciate.

I think I speak for the entire @Balance Team on this issue

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
@Kainzo
I really hope you don't take this the wrong way but this stuff really doesn't move fast enough. This isn't crying, desire, or anything like that. I mean no disrespect for the following either.

Balance changes need to be at least a monthly thing. The changes we've talked about here I thought would be implemented quickly since they required no new coding, but I guess I was wrong. Even though balancing doesn't take spot #1 for problems people currently want fixed on hc (that would be lag) I would still rank it in the top 5 at a minimum. It's a simple change of numbers as far as I've seen it and if we mess up we'll add a quick fix and then look at that month to see what to change next patch.

If we don't have anyone to make new code then so be it, but it shouldn't cause any balancing whatsoever to cease.

This thread here:
http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/patch-5-30-0-balancing.50981/

In 2 days that thread containing all these simple changes will be a month old. In that time there should have been a patch.

Again this is not rage, but rather constructive criticism on what I (a member of the community and staff) think the community would appreciate.

I think I speak for the entire @Balance Team on this issue
I agree, things need to be sped up - however, there's a lot on the table and the "simple" changes must be tested. There's a lot of backlash right now about the necro changes so we really need to consider.

I'm more than happy with you taking it upon yourself to head up stuff in balance. I don't agree with a lot of your changes the team needs to make more discussion on it.

I'll push what we have for 5.3 this Tuesday (maintenance) and we can continue like that.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I don't think it is ready to be pushed to live. We can't really balance out all the numbers until it is all on test.

We can't test how strong wizard is on a class that has yet to be buffed, etc. Although I would love for balance changes to go into live they just aren't ready

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I agree, things need to be sped up - however, there's a lot on the table and the "simple" changes must be tested. There's a lot of backlash right now about the necro changes so we really need to consider.

I'm more than happy with you taking it upon yourself to head up stuff in balance. I don't agree with a lot of your changes the team needs to make more discussion on it.

I'll push what we have for 5.3 this Tuesday (maintenance) and we can continue like that.
Honestly, I am surprised that at least a FigureHead Balance Leader has not stepped up to replace Delf as balance team scapegoat. If you want someone to address community backlash regarding changes, I will hereby pledge to take any and all community O chat Rants to a forum conversation where I can address their concerns and bring them in a tastefully edited version to these boards.

Seriously. Tell all the scrubs that "Dsaw did it". I not asking for more authority, but I am willing to intellectually defend all the backlash.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We're still missing a replacement skill for Dragoon - but I'm thinking something more utility/defensive to replace Superjump.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
We're still missing a replacement skill for Dragoon - but I'm thinking something more utility/defensive to replace Superjump.
EDIT: This is NOT 5.30 discussion, I think that we should focus on rolling 5.30 out with the current changes. Kainzo let us know how to make it easier.

You said you wanted more EarthWall Skills. What about a skill that created a Semi-Shield out of Terrain, like some of the old "Boneshields" on Test. The Dragoon Pounds the Earth and it rises up around them. Something small along those lines, like a 4 diameter circle 2-high wall around the Dragoon that could trap their enemies while the Dragoon uses Jump to escape.

Last edited:

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
I'm more than happy with you taking it upon yourself to head up stuff in balance. I don't agree with a lot of your changes the team needs to make more discussion on it..
Tbh, in the few new threads I made, with some of my ideas, they were meant to jumpstart discussions/the balance team.
Can we first have a list of all the changes that are on test? Some of them aren't on the this thread. (I think)

Few things I think we should know first
- What is changing with jump?
-What is changing with tremor?

Things like walls and stuff would be pointless to throw in now for goon because these two skills are the ultimate utilities.