• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Balance] A comparison of classes and revelant "power".

Before I begin, let me first state a few things:
  • I am relatively new to HeroCraft, and I admit I do not know everything about the game. I am not familiar with all content within, and thus, will stick to the content I am familiar with. However, this also means I'm somewhat unacquainted, as well, and can provide a refreshing and new view at some of this same content.
  • I fully realize that the apocalyptic reset is within less than a week; subsequently, I will be writing this comparison based on the current classes available on the Test server. Thus, forgive me if I cannot provide the most detailed information, as my only information will come from experience in-game, and from commands such as /skills # and /skill [skillname] ? .
  • I am human, I make mistakes. If you think I have a mistake, please kindly correct me. By the same token, if you have an opinion contrary to mine, please feel free to comment, however, please choose benign words.
  • I reserve the right to edit my own posts and to further revise this current paper.
Now, to the comparison.
Just kidding, we've got to establish a few common terms and agreements first.
Some terms;
Combat Relevance: the direct application to battle of any skill that causes a user to "enter combat" in relation to PvP and/or PvE.
Ex: Necromancer's DrainSoul
Utility Relevance: the direct application to non-battle activities of any skill that in some way causes a user to be more efficient in a chosen non-combat endeavor.

On second thought, consider this a reserved slot for further balance discussion.

I'll continue more of it after the new classes are in place. Because after spending an hour on the Test server trying to take statistics on just Drainsoul, I kept getting slaughtered with no success..
Soon, I will write more. It so happens that I'd think I have a pretty good sense of balance, and I do think that will be needed after the new classes. More will come, assured.